New Drink Package

SuiteCruisin14

Dear Mark,

Please find below the details of the ‘Ultimate beverage package’ as requested.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norwegian has begun offering an Ultimate Beverage Package, available for purchase on all ships excluding Pride of America. Norwegian’s Ultimate Beverage Package provides a vast selection of Beers, Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass during a cruise for only $49 pp per day.

Availability:

Not available on the Pride of America

Not available during Spring Break (March 1 - April 15)

Beverage Package Requirements:

Beverage packages must be purchased for ALL guests staying within the same stateroom, or additional stateroom, or adjoining stateroom under the same payment method regardless of whether the guests drink alcohol or not.

Guests purchasing the package must be at least 21 years of age. Guests under 21 are required to purchase a soda package.

Package cannot be purchased by guests under 21 on any itinerary. (Please note that guests of 18 and over are able to drink liquor on Europe round trip sailings without a parental consent).

Package must be purchased for the entire length of the sailing.

Sales of the Program:

The Package will only be sold on the 1st and 2nd day of sailing.

All guests staying within the same or additional cabins using the same payment method must be present at time of purchase.

A sticker will be placed on everyone’s key card indicating the purchase.

Package will be sold at $49 pp per day plus a 15% gratuity.

Package Inclusion:

Includes unlimited house, call and premium brand spirits, all draft and bottled beer $5.50 and under, glasses of wine under $10 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and Great Stirrup Cay.

Does not include room service, package sales, “take-aways”**, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottles of wine, glass wine over $10, bottled beer above $5.50, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffee beverages, or energy drinks.

Applicable taxes, US and VAT may apply based on certain destinations.

** Take-aways are ship specific promotions and beer buckets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mark,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norwegian has begun offering an Ultimate Beverage Package, available for purchase on all ships excluding Pride of America. Norwegian’s Ultimate Beverage Package provides a vast selection of Beers, Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass during a cruise for only $49 pp per day.

Availability:

Beverage packages must be purchased for ALL guests staying within the same stateroom, or additional stateroom, or adjoining stateroom under the same payment method regardless of whether the guests drink alcohol or not.

Guests purchasing the package must be at least 21 years of age. Guests under 21 are required to purchase a soda package.

Package cannot be purchased by guests under 21 on any itinerary. (Please note that guests of 18 and over are able to drink liquor on Europe round trip sailings without a parental consent).

Sales of the Program:

All guests staying within the same or additional cabins using the same payment method must be present at time of purchase.

Package Inclusion:

Includes unlimited house, call and premium brand spirits, all draft and bottled beer $5.50 and under, glasses of wine under $10 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and Great Stirrup Cay.

Does not include room service, package sales, “take-aways”**, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottles of wine, glass wine over $10, bottled beer above $5.50, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffee beverages, or energy drinks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that blows for us cruising Easter week :(

Thanks but this is no bargain if you have two, three,

or four, cabins, and some people don't drink they still

have to buy the package.

I can see if they are in the same cabin, but in your

group staying in another cabin. That is tantamount

to blackmail. Personally I don't take kindly to that

type of treatment..

I cruise a couple of times a year, probably more

when I retire next year, but it will not be on

NCL..

Dear Mark,

Availability:

Sales of the Program:

Package Inclusion:

have to buy the package.

type of treatment..

NCL..

Isn't that only if you're all on the same credit card or other payment method? Seems easy enough to deal with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't that only if you're all on the same credit card or other payment method? Seems easy enough to deal with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree.

My mother is taking my sister's family and my family on the Breakaway and was going to also put her card on all 4 cabins for our trip. My sister/dh and my dh/I want to get the package but my mother does not need it. We decided that she will just purchase OBC for both our cabins and we will put our own credit cards down for each cabin and purchase the package when we board, thus having the OBC used for that purchase.

We have my ds though in my cabin with my dh and me and we are connecting to my mother and I think on paper I am going to move my ds in with my mother since her cabin can occupy 4 and I think I will do that with one of my sister's children too, just on paper so that would save 4 in our group that would have had to pay for soda card/drink package from not purchasing it (my dd-19 is already in the cabin with my mother).

It is the only way around I think how we don't have to have 4 extra people paying for the drink/soda package but those of us who want to have it, can. It would leave, though, 2 young nephews that would need to purchase the soda card since they will be on my sister's card (she has 3 kids).

I REALLY REALLY wish it was much simplier and we could purchase prior to boarding.

have to buy the package.

type of treatment..

NCL..

I don't understand the anger. Does this mean that you would sail them if they never offered this option, but since they offer a package that you don't like then they have slighted you? I do think some of their rules are silly, but it's optional. They are not forcing anyone to buy the package, if you want it, within the context of their rules, buy it. If their stipulations don't work for you then don't buy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

have to buy the package.

type of treatment..

NCL..

Bobmal , fellow Bostonian, I feel your pain and agree. We just booked our first NCL cruise on the Gem March 4, 2013. The next day I read that the UBP will not be offered between March 1 and April 15 due to "Spring Break"

Spring Break the first week of March??!! I"ll give you a "Break", by also not ever booking again. And this deal of all people in a cabin having to also take the package??? Wow, NCL has a high opinion of it's passengers integrity.

Time to bring the "Rum Runners" out of retirement.

I'll get flamed for this but Celebrity has been doing these bev packages for about two years and I can tell you it is seamless with no problems, no stupid slips to sign and easy. Take a lesson NCL!

Flame away.................:rolleyes:

Maybe I over reacted a bit.

Still they make it a PIA to

purchase their drink package.

I usually pick my cruises by

price, ports, and itinerary.

I would like to try their new

Breakaway ship, but I rather

sail out of warm weather ports.

I do not usually sail in the summer,

but that may change..

I don't understand the anger. Does this mean that you would sail them if they never offered this option, but since they offer a package that you don't like then they have slighted you? I do think some of their rules are silly, but it's optional. They are not forcing anyone to buy the package, if you want it, within the context of their rules, buy it. If their stipulations don't work for you then don't buy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Carnival and Royal Caribbean are now putting 15 drink limits on these packages. Kudos to NCL for keeping them unlimited. (at least for now!)

Really? If NCL did that, then they should DEFINITELY not have limitations on what is and is not included in the package.

Not that I'd necessarily complain about a 15 drink maximum LOL, but still.

just back from norwegian sky yesterday and the ultimate drink package was totally worth it. Not having to worry about your bill at the end and drinking basically whatever you wanted was great. Was $450 total for 2 of us.

I'm curious...If my cruise is set to return on 3/2, does that mean if I buy this drink package its only available 2/23-2/28? Seems like they wouldn't cut it off during sailings that fall in the middle, but who knows?

I'm curious...If my cruise is set to return on 3/2, does that mean if I buy this drink package its only available 2/23-2/28? Seems like they wouldn't cut it off during sailings that fall in the middle, but who knows?

I would almost guarentee you that the package will be good for the entire trip. However, they have been all over the place with this think, making it a lot more diffacult than it needs to be.

I think it means as long as your sailing departs prior to their cutoff day, you are good for the entire cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

We were all excited, as we are used the to drinks package on Celebrity and we get on the Gem soon but just spotted they don't sell it at spring break - are they worried they will lose too much money that week?

Hey ho, I will just have to build up my bill and pay at the end of the cruise then.

Any chance it will be available on the breakaway in June?

..we get on the Gem soon but just spotted they don't sell it at spring break - are they worried they will lose too much money that week?

That and also it's probably precaution to avoid the disturbance problems with students drinking all they can because it's "free". :D

Any chance it will be available on the breakaway in June?

Sure, it's pretty much fleetwide and there have been no other announcements about any blackout dates except the spring break.

We purchased the drink packages on Celebrity ($65 per day versus NCL $49.50 per day) and found that is is better and more cost effective just to pay as you drink. You have to really consume a lot in order to break even. Also, NCL runs drink specials each night which is nice, such as two for one martinis. Drinks are priced higher on Celebrity....but their drink package includes everything, like cappuccinos, bottled water, and soft drinks.

to break even....i'd come back with a pickled liver.....lol

You are funny...lol. I rarely indulge due to a pickled kidney.. But, I was thinking won't most people be ahead if they took advantage of the 2 for 1 happy hour specials plus paying oop for those other times they wanted that extra cocktail. Instead of losing money through the package on port days? Never sailed Ncl but this is what I plan to do on the Breakaway. Especially since the package is not all inclusive.

Archived