Your favorite S-class ship?

anandaindonesia

Looking at the Cruise Critic Member Reviews, it is interesting to note that Equinox gets the highest popularity at 93% likes it (based on 382 reviews).

Eclipse comes next at 92%, 464 reviews.

Silhouette and Solstice comes at a tie, 88%. Silhouette 256 reviews, Solstice a whopping 771 reviews (and still counting).

Reflection get 100% likes but as there are only 5 reviews at the moment maybe it is an exception.

Which S-class ship is your favorite, and why?

I can only compare the equinox to the eclipse from personal experience....we've sailed on both twice in the past two years with over 25 days on each of them. Although it is staff dependent, we would choose the equinox over the eclipse. Both are beautiful ships but the equinox just works a little better, the officers are just a little more outgoing to the passengers and if you are considering Aqua class, Blu is far better run on the equinox than on the eclipse which seemed disorganized to us on our just completed transatlantic.

Now based on what I've read only, I am not anxious to go on the reflection....I'm a photographer and they have completely blocked the view of the sea from the top decks in the bow by plastic to reduce wind. Unfortunately, it increases distortion in pictures. They have also reduced the size of the sky lounge by adding more cabins...but that's the only place you can sit and enjoy looking at the ocean indoors on a cool or rainy day/night. No idea if the extra cabins they added will add to lines and congestion....that remains to be seen. And they have added cabana's on both sides of the lawn cutting off that view of the ocean.

Both the silhoutte and the reflection have the outdoor grill special restaurant instead of the hot glass show. I have to say that the hot glass show and the artists who create glass pieces on board are just fantastic and one of the highlights of each trip...I could watch every one. I grill at home so there is no value to me...heck, that's like being home.

Finally, we enjoy the creativity of Qsine and we actually dislike Silk Harvest...yes, that's a negative to us on the equinox...but we just don't eat there.

I know I've skipped the summit, but we just have never been on the ship. I think it has silk harvest so it would be identical to the equinox, although there is no way to know the crew/staff interaction on that ship. We would certainly book a cruise on the summit...probably before we would book on the silhouette/reflection.

Archived