Conquest vs Glory vs Liberty...which one?

trippingpara

We're looking to book our next cruise. We want the Western Caribbean out of Miami (Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan and Grand Cayman). The problem is, there are 3 different ships running that route. Since we are newbies to this cruising thing, is there any great difference to these ships? What are your thoughts and opinions? Is one better than another or is it just personal tastes?

All three are the same class of ship; all three will have the 2.0 upgrades (Conquest and Liberty have them already; Glory is getting them now). Conquest does not have a serenity area I don't believe. Same itinerary, same departure ship, I'd probably pick based on price.

I'm looking at the same itinerary. Having sailed on Liberty and enjoyed it very much, I'd like to do that one again, but all three ships seem to have a consensus of positive reviews (if you eliminate the foamers and the cranks).

So this time, from the dates and prices that I'm looking at, I suspect I'll shop by price and go with Glory.

We're looking to book our next cruise. We want the Western Caribbean out of Miami (Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan and Grand Cayman). The problem is, there are 3 different ships running that route. Since we are newbies to this cruising thing, is there any great difference to these ships? What are your thoughts and opinions? Is one better than another or is it just personal tastes?

All sister ships. The Liberty sails Saturday and the other two on Sunday. Other than that, not a whole lot of difference IMO. I take a look at how many other ships are expected to be at each port on the itin. before I select a cruise. More ships in port = more crowds.

Try going to http://www.cruisetimetables.com/ and look up each of the 3 cruises you are looking at. Of course the schedules are subject to change but you still get a general idea of which of the 3 ships will have the least and most crowds at each port.

All sister ships. The Liberty sails Saturday and the other two on Sunday. Other than that, not a whole lot of difference IMO. I take a look at how many other ships are expected to be at each port on the itin. before I select a cruise. More ships in port = more crowds.

Try going to http://www.cruisetimetables.com/ and look up each of the 3 cruises you are looking at. Of course the schedules are subject to change but you still get a general idea of which of the 3 ships will have the least and most crowds at each port.

We were on the Liberty..only had 'company' in Grand Cayman..no other lines at all were with us!! It was fantastic for sure, and the Saturday-Saturday gives you a day to relish in the fading glow of cruising before you have to go back to work!! :) ( or catch up on your sleep!)

Exactly what I would do.

Peg

Archived