Horseback Riding in Belize?

jgaabq

My husband and I did the Bacab Eco Park Horseback Safari tour in January 2010. I highly recommend it! The horses were nice and it was different riding through the jungle (rather than on the beach) we saw lots of iguanas and a couple howler monkeys and the Bacab Eco Park is beautiful. They served a lunch after the ride and there was time to hang out by the pool that has a beautiful waterfall.

We are returning to Belize this January on Liberty (Jan. 12 cruise) and are thinking of doing this excursion again. We have friends going with us and they want to join us on our horseback ride (it's a tradition on every cruise) so we are looking over our options.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so we survived the horseback riding in Belize. My sisters and I have never really done anything too adventurous and that was the goal for our 1st cruise. It took a bit to get going on the bus and bus ride is about 45 mins. You get a nice city tour and get to learn about the city during the ride, so it goes by pretty quickly. The weather was perfect, not too hot unless you were directly in the sun. They separated the experienced riders from everyone else, so that you get a horse that's gentle enough for you and works for size wise. I am only 4'11 and never been on a horse! I was given "Ginger" and he was very obedient and pretty much just followed the rest of the horses along the trail. You go through a jungle canopy for most of the ride so its not overly hot at all. The lunch afterward was good, chicken in a sauce with rice and potato salad. The punch is very good too! You can buy a bottle of it at their small gift shop too. We didnt have too much time left over for the pool but the area was very nice and relaxing. There's back chairs all around and even hammocks off to the side.

Hope this helps someone since I could barely find any info prior to my excursion. It was a great time :D

I was just looking for a horseriding excursion myself for February. Bacab is the only one I could find. On Carnival's site, it doesn't mention lunch. Does anyone know if this is still part of the deal. Also, are there other places that do horseback riding?

I think $100 is a little be high for riding a horse and a dip in the pool

Archived