How is the Conquest 2.0???

gman0119

It's been out a couple of weeks now, but quiet. Who has been on the Conquest since upgrade? What has changed?

I know some of the things added, like the bars, Guys, etc., but also heard they did NOT put a Serenity Area (ticks me off!).

Did they change the water area and the slide? Did they upgrade to a waterpark, like some of the other boats?

Were the rooms changed? Is there still a fridge in the room?

What are some opinions? Good upgrade or same ole boat?

I was on the first cruise after the 2.0 upgrades. Loved Guy's Burgers, EA Sports Bar and the Alchemy Bar. Didn't really spend any time at Red Frog or Blue Iguana Bars, but they looked like fun. Didn't care for the food at the Blue Iguana Cantina. The breakfast burrito was way too spicy and the lunch burrito was way too bland! Go figure.

The TV system was supposedly updated, our TV didn't even work until 2 days into the cruise. The map channel that shows your position, sea depth, etc was not there. Even the big map on the wall on Promenade deck wasn't working.

Doesn't seem that they did anything to the cabins, as mine had several big black stains on the carpet and there were no labels on the dispensers in the shower. I didn't use them because I had no idea which one was the shampoo and which one was the body wash.

The old style corkscrew slide is still there. They did not put in a water park, nor a serenity deck.

This was my first time on the Conquest and despite a few minor glitches, I thoroughly enjoyed the ship and the crew. I would definitely sail on her again.

I was on the first cruise after the 2.0 upgrades. Loved Guy's Burgers, EA Sports Bar and the Alchemy Bar. Didn't really spend any time at Red Frog or Blue Iguana Bars, but they looked like fun. Didn't care for the food at the Blue Iguana Cantina. The breakfast burrito was way too spicy and the lunch burrito was way too bland! Go figure.

The TV system was supposedly updated, our TV didn't even work until 2 days into the cruise. The map channel that shows your position, sea depth, etc was not there. Even the big map on the wall on Promenade deck wasn't working.

Doesn't seem that they did anything to the cabins, as mine had several big black stains on the carpet and there were no labels on the dispensers in the shower. I didn't use them because I had no idea which one was the shampoo and which one was the body wash.

The old style corkscrew slide is still there. They did not put in a water park, nor a serenity deck.

This was my first time on the Conquest and despite a few minor glitches, I thoroughly enjoyed the ship and the crew. I would definitely sail on her again.

Were the TVs the old tube TVs or were they LCD type flat screens? DH really wants to know. It is important to him. :rolleyes:

We just returned from the Conquest. However, it was our first time on the Conquest so I have no basis of comparison. I can toss out a few general observations though.

The Renoir Dining Room was just beautiful, and appeared to me to have been refreshed at the minimum. We really enjoyed the Renoir's ambiance, as well as the food.

The new fast food type places were up and running. Didn't try the Blue Iguana but Guy's Burgers weren't bad. Good fast service.

The main show room has a hugh new graphics display behind the stage, but it's weird. The screen can be (and is) split vertically into sections, and depending where you sit, you see these large black vertical gaps in the screen. Very distracting. The shows were also quite limited in number and not very impressive. Based on what we saw last week, I'd rate the Carnival Conquest pretty low on the entertainment scale. Hopefully they can figure out a way to improve on the graphics part as it has potential.

The ship really looks good, with all the public areas showing spit and shine.

Our aft wrap cabin showed no signs of dry dock other than a flat screen TV that appeared new. Speaking of the TV, the stations (other than shipboard stuff) rarely worked - couldn't even get CNN on most of the trip. No navigation station showing ship's position, time, etc. And one of our balcony windows was covered in graffiti scratched on the outside. So it didn't look like they spent any time working on the cabins, at least not ours.

I haven't been on her yet, but my cruise is coming up next week and I've been SCOURING this board for information. Here's what I (think I) know:

Cabins: All cabins were updated with LCD televisions. I thought I read that they replaced mattresses and bedding as well, but bluemarie2 seems to indicate there weren't many changes made in the rooms otherwise. All cabins should have refrigerators (containing alcohol and mixers).

Entertainment: The 2.0 entertainment options (Hasbro game shows, and one other I can't recall the name of) aren't scheduled to begin on Conquest until December. Until then, they're doing some old standbys, it seems.

Glitches: The glitches mentioned with the shows, televisions, etc. seem to have been mostly worked out near the end of the first sailing after dry dock. I'm hoping they're all gone by next week, of course. ;)

Food: Everyone's opinions are subjective so they vary widely, but it's clear the Mongolian grill and sushi stations were removed to make way for some of the new offerings such as Guy's.

Other updates: Most public areas were refreshed, in some cases dramatically, with new carpet, furnishings, paint, etc. At least two of the hot tubs were completely replaced as well.

Carnival posted a couple of videos of the dry dock upgrades. I think the scale of the work they accomplished in two weeks is pretty impressive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjNzE2zbido&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KKpAyTA5gk

I haven't been on her yet, but my cruise is coming up next week and I've been SCOURING this board for information. Here's what I (think I) know:

Cabins: All cabins were updated with LCD televisions. I thought I read that they replaced mattresses and bedding as well, but bluemarie2 seems to indicate there weren't many changes made in the rooms otherwise. All cabins should have refrigerators (containing alcohol and mixers).

Entertainment: The 2.0 entertainment options (Hasbro game shows, and one other I can't recall the name of) aren't scheduled to begin on Conquest until December. Until then, they're doing some old standbys, it seems.

Glitches: The glitches mentioned with the shows, televisions, etc. seem to have been mostly worked out near the end of the first sailing after dry dock. I'm hoping they're all gone by next week, of course. ;)

Food: Everyone's opinions are subjective so they vary widely, but it's clear the Mongolian grill and sushi stations were removed to make way for some of the new offerings such as Guy's.

Other updates: Most public areas were refreshed, in some cases dramatically, with new carpet, furnishings, paint, etc. At least two of the hot tubs were completely replaced as well.

Carnival posted a couple of videos of the dry dock upgrades. I think the scale of the work they accomplished in two weeks is pretty impressive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjNzE2zbido&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KKpAyTA5gk

Having been on the 1st sailing I think that pretty much sums it up! :) Our tv worked fine and everyone likes different types of food. The crew was wonderful & I've allready booked the Conquest for next years' Halloween Cruise. If you have 10 minutes to laugh, please check out Queenies slideshow in my sig. I cant wait for Sarge's photos next month as I did not take that many. It is pretty amazing what they can do in 2 weeks.

Thanks for the replies. I hit the deck on 1/6, and I want to cruise so bad they could have stripped the ship and made me sleep on the floor and I would still be happy! I do wish they would have done a little more, but I know I'll still love it and have a blast!

Archived