Ostrich Farm in Curacao

Muffinhead

My husband and I are interested in visiting the ostrich farm in Curacao independently, as the ships excursion (Princess) seems pricey, limits the time at the farm, and doesn't include riding the ostrich. Has anyone visited here before? There is very little information on this board regarding the Ostrich Farm.

I would also like to know approximately how much a taxi would cost and how long it would take to get there from the ship. Are taxis safe in Curacao? We don't generally venture out too much on own own when visiting a island for the first time.

Thank you very much for any information.

Have you visited their website?

http://www.ostrichfarm.net/curacao/information

The trip by taxi will take you between 20 - 30 minutes, but I don't know the cost.

Taxis are very safe in Curacao and the Ostrich Farm is a fun and interesting outing for the day.

All in all, I think it's way cheaper to do on your own and you will probably enjoy it more as you're not part of a large crowd.

Enjoy your day in Curacao!

I will be looking into this for Jan 1. If anyone has done this it would be great to have some feedback on the tour or pricing on taxis. We have a 17 and 12 year old (boys), and we may go with 2 other adults. We are looking for something interesting and fun. Thanks

We visited the Ostrich Farm in July. The taxi ride could be pricey as it is quite far from the pier. Check out the TripAdvisor reviews (I wrote a blurb about it and posted some pictures). Other folks who did the "ostrich ride" described their experience.

Archived