Celebrity Solstice - April 25, 2013 - Honolulu to Ensenda

Dan & Tom

Hi - I didn't see any other posts for this cruise. We are Dan and Tom from Nashua NH, will be sailing this cruise to celebrate Dan's 50th Birthday. Just wondering if anyone else is sailing with us?

Take care,

Dan & Tom

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Aloha folks! My partner Mick and I just booked this along with another couple. Looking forward to some fun in the sun.

We were on the Equinox last summer and had an amazing time. A whole bunch of friends have been on the Solstice over the past year and all report that the ship and the staff are great.

And Dan, congrats on reaching this milestone. Just remember that it's only a number. And I say that cause I'm not far behind you. ;-)

Cheers!

-jeff

Hi Jeff - Cool to see some family will be on board. Dan and I are looking forward to our 1st Celebrity cruise. Hope to meet up with you on board.

Take care Dan and Tom

Aloha folks! My partner Mick and I just booked this along with another couple. Looking forward to some fun in the sun.

We were on the Equinox last summer and had an amazing time. A whole bunch of friends have been on the Solstice over the past year and all report that the ship and the staff are great.

And Dan, congrats on reaching this milestone. Just remember that it's only a number. And I say that cause I'm not far behind you. ;-)

Cheers!

-jeff

Hi Dan and I are coming in 1 day early arriving on the 24th staying at Hilton Hawaiian Village.

Dan and Tom

H

Hey folks, we are going to be in Waikiki for a couple of days before boarding the cruise (arriving on Tues 4/23). Let us know if you're in town, maybe we can meet up at Hula's!

-jeff

You should go to the thread on Celebrity Connections Roll call. GKM (Garry) and her husband Bob278 (Bob) have a great thread going. They also have a neat cheat sheet with all the people sailing.

Take care Dan & Tom

Hey Guys,

Mick and I sailed in AquaClass on the Equinox last summer and really enjoyed it. At the time, the Aqua was just a little more than Concierge class and we liked where the cabin was located, so we went for it without really know much about what it meant. As it turned out, we really liked the experience. Aqua has a number of tangible benefits that Celebrity doesn't really do a good job of explaining on their website.

First off, the seating in the Blu dining room is much less dense than in the main dining room, and the menu specializes in dishes that are prepared in a "lighter" style (no heavy sauces). However, they will gladly get you anything you can get in the main dining room. Blu is an "anytime" dining type option. Some experienced cruisers don't like the anytime idea because you don't get the same servers, but Blu is small, you can typically request the same servers even if you're not eating at the same time every day. During our European voyage, we met several other couples who also were dining in Blu, so during the day as we were hanging out together we would figure out how many we'd be for dinner and call in a reservation -- there was never a problem accommodating our group. Also, Blu has a wonderful breakfast.

Other benefits of Aqua class are a slightly upgraded shower with body sprays (oooh!), upgraded bathroom amenities, robes, a pitcher of herbal iced tea, water bottles in the room, expanded menu (including smoothies) for room service and access to the Persian Garden in the spa (other classes can pay for access). Mick fell in love with the Persian Garden -- it's very relaxing and it's position at the front of the ship means you get a great view. It was particularly spectacular when we were anchored in Santorini harbor and lying on the heated lounge chairs after a day of hiking around the island was heaven.

Hope this helps. The main dining room and other dining options on the ship are certainly terrific -- but the experience in Blu is like eating in a specialty restaurant every night.

If there's an opportunity to upgrade for a reasonable cost you should definitely consider it!

Cheers!

-jeff

Hi all,

We're looking in to a small catamaran charter in Lahaina for either Sunday the 27th or Tuesday the 30th. The boat only holds about 6-8 people, so it would be a customized experience. Not sure if we'll get it, but let me know if you're interested and I will share timing and pricing when I get it.

Click here to email me.

-jeff

Thanks - I will keep an eye out for any deals

Hey Guys,

Mick and I sailed in AquaClass on the Equinox last summer and really enjoyed it. At the time, the Aqua was just a little more than Concierge class and we liked where the cabin was located, so we went for it without really know much about what it meant. As it turned out, we really liked the experience. Aqua has a number of tangible benefits that Celebrity doesn't really do a good job of explaining on their website.

First off, the seating in the Blu dining room is much less dense than in the main dining room, and the menu specializes in dishes that are prepared in a "lighter" style (no heavy sauces). However, they will gladly get you anything you can get in the main dining room. Blu is an "anytime" dining type option. Some experienced cruisers don't like the anytime idea because you don't get the same servers, but Blu is small, you can typically request the same servers even if you're not eating at the same time every day. During our European voyage, we met several other couples who also were dining in Blu, so during the day as we were hanging out together we would figure out how many we'd be for dinner and call in a reservation -- there was never a problem accommodating our group. Also, Blu has a wonderful breakfast.

Other benefits of Aqua class are a slightly upgraded shower with body sprays (oooh!), upgraded bathroom amenities, robes, a pitcher of herbal iced tea, water bottles in the room, expanded menu (including smoothies) for room service and access to the Persian Garden in the spa (other classes can pay for access). Mick fell in love with the Persian Garden -- it's very relaxing and it's position at the front of the ship means you get a great view. It was particularly spectacular when we were anchored in Santorini harbor and lying on the heated lounge chairs after a day of hiking around the island was heaven.

Hope this helps. The main dining room and other dining options on the ship are certainly terrific -- but the experience in Blu is like eating in a specialty restaurant every night.

If there's an opportunity to upgrade for a reasonable cost you should definitely consider it!

Cheers!

-jeff

HI Dan and Tom, there are 6 of us from New England traveling with you , 2 couples from NH and one from VT. We are on the roll call. We are all in aqua class . Hope to see you there, we may be on the same plane out of Boston, we arrive on the 24th also. :)

Hi Guys

Good to see some more New Englanders we live in Nashua. Never been on Celebrity we only have a concierge balcony keep looking to see if aqua class has deal. Our flight leaves at 6:00 AM on the 24th on US Air to Phoenix then United to Honolulu.

Take care Dan and Tom

HI Dan and Tom, there are 6 of us from New England traveling with you , 2 couples from NH and one from VT. We are on the roll call. We are all in aqua class . Hope to see you there, we may be on the same plane out of Boston, we arrive on the 24th also. :)

We're looking in to a small catamaran charter in Lahaina for either Sunday the 27th or Tuesday the 30th. The boat only holds about 6-8 people, so it would be a customized experience. Not sure if we'll get it, but let me know if you're interested and I will share timing and pricing when I get it.

Hey Folks, Mick and I heard back from the captain of the catamaran and he's available for either of the dates that we're in Lahaina :).

A 3-hour tour would be about $100 per person and we could extend it to 4 hours for another $33 (basically $200/hour). We could go from around 11 or noon to 3pm. Here are a few pics from the last time we sailed...

(The boat has a great trampoline, but also has a covered area.)

The capacity is a max of 7, so we're looking for 2 or 3 folks to join us. Please e-mail me soon if you're interested.

-jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

My partner Jeffery and I (Andrew) will be sailing on this same Ship coming up on 4/25. Hoping to meet other family members. We will be celebrating Jeffery's 40th.

We are new to Celebrity and can't wait. Hoping to hear back. Haven't had much time to check the threads yet but hoping to over the next week. We are sailing in AQ Class and arrive the day before from California.

Andrew & Jeffery

Hi Andrew and Jeffrey

Welcome Dan and I (Tom) are celebrating Dan's 50th birthday on this cruise. We are in concierge class Dan likes his beef so decided against AQ class. But are also arriving a day early and will be our 1st Celebrity as well.

Check out the thread under Roll calls

Take care, Dan and Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Archived