Children's Books About Bermuda

GreytRacer

DH and I always get books for our niece and nephew about somewhere we've traveled for their Christmas each year. When we were in Bermuda in the spring, we saw a number of children's books, but didn't purchase them because of how close we were to going over our luggage weight allowance for our flight. It never occured to me that once I got home, the only books about Bermuda I would be able to find on Amazon would be about the Bermuda Triangle! (the kids are 3 and 6, so not appropriate!)

Does anyone have any suggestions of authors or titles I might be able to find in the US or online? The few non-Bermuda Triangle things I've found are retailing for $100's if not $1,000's on Amazon. :eek: Yes, really.

Thanks!

The only children's book author that writes books aimed at the age range your grandchildren are in is Elizabeth Mulderig. She writes the "Tiny the Tree Frog" books. They are bright, colourful books which are aimed at the ages your grandchildren are. Unfortunately, they are not easy to find online. Your best bet might be to email one of the local book retailers or the author to see if they will ship you a copy.

Bermuda Book Store and Brown & Company are two of the larger bookstores on the island.

The only children's book author that writes books aimed at the age range your grandchildren are in is Elizabeth Mulderig. She writes the "Tiny the Tree Frog" books. They are bright, colourful books which are aimed at the ages your grandchildren are. Unfortunately, they are not easy to find online. Your best bet might be to email one of the local book retailers or the author to see if they will ship you a copy.

Bermuda Book Store and Brown & Company are two of the larger bookstores on the island.

Thank you! I'll see what I can find!

Oh Sousak......you're always right on the money but I beg to differ with you this time.;) There IS another children's author and I have bought some of her things but do not know for sure if they can be bought on line. Her name is Jane Aspinall and she has books featuring a cat named Tuppie. I have one of her calendars and it says it's available to order by mail at pina@ibl.bm. I bought the calendar a couple of years ago but did see her books at a couple of places when we were there in Oct. Almost bought one becuase they're so cute.

OP, if that email does not work I have a friend in Bermuda who could look into it for me or Sousak also could.

This is one page from the calendar. Tuppie is by the stop sign and explaining the white roofs in Bermuda.

a9b6770c.jpg

sousak78 and iheartbda, Thank you so much for your help!!! I purchased the first Tuppie book from the author's website and I was able to find a Tiny book on eBay. Could not have done it without your help!!! Thank you again!!! :)

So happy that you found something.:)

A couple of years ago I bought a number of things from her at Market Night in St. George. She was nice enough to "throw in" a set of postcards which were larger than a regular postcard. I framed them and gave them as gifts. Thought I could just order another set but they don't seem to be available.:( I guess I could email her and see if she still has them.

Archived