Thinking of cancelling? DON'T cancel your beloved vacation!

dpryo319

Hello Cruisers!

I feel as though I am somehow obligated to comment on the somewhat of an "uproar" going around about problems on the new Celebrity Reflection. :o

My boyfriend is currently the orchestra pianist on board (until February 2nd), and he keeps a little blog of his travels discussing everything from the beauty of the new ship and all it has to offer, to the visited ports and the "hot spots" to check out off the ship, the excitement of the shows on board, to the amazing food served at the specialty restaurants. Just in case anyone is interested in following here is the link : http://roryboltoncruise.blogspot.com

IMHO, I think it would be foolish to cancel because of "word of mouth" going around about the ship. I can attest that there is nothing serious going on, and that all "issues," no matter how small, are or have been taken care of. Celebrity is one of the best lines in my opinion, and really values the care and safety of it's passengers and crew. They would never put your safety as risk. If this is your concern with cancelling, please rest assured, everything is handled. :cool:

I also can explain the internet problems with this. It ALWAYS stinks. It's always a huge problem. Satellites are only as reliable as they are useful...and honestly, I think they are horrible. But, it's the only way (I know of) to keep passengers and crew connected at home, so I won't jinx it :rolleyes: ...For those following the post by Xcellent, the 50 days on board blog, please understand that the amount of problems is really pretty normal. Out of the past 18 months, Rory has spend 12 of those on cruise ships, and the internet has been just as spotty---the whole time--- (Azamara's internet was better, but still not great.) I'm not able to skype with him ever, the connection is so poor, and it's tough for him to log on. The phones work half the time, and both are very, very expensive...even for crew. Regardless, this shouldn't be a reason to be concerned and cancel your beloved vacation!!! You can stay at home and surf the net if that's what you prefer.... :D

I'm just the girlfriend left behind, so take it as you wish :)

...but if you do decide to cancel...I do take Christmas presents in the form of cruises to visit Rory ;) hehehe...

But in all seriousness, ENJOY YOUR VACATION!!!! Especially on this ship!!!! It is spectacular!

~ dpryo319

I sailed on the inaugural of the Reflection on 10/12/12.

That said...I found the internet to be fine (considering it's satellite). I did have issues connecting to the celebrity system overall - it often took several tries to get my account to start using my minutes - but once I did - it worked well.

As for the problems on board...it's a brand new ship. These things take time. I saw issues on my sailing - but overall it was hard to tell it was the 1st ever sailing of that ship to capacity with passengers.

I'm sure over the next few months they'll continue to oil the things that need the oil and repair the things that need repair.

I'd go on the reflection again - for sure.

And to the OP - your boyfriend is a very talented man :-) I remember seeing him each night and I never put 2 and 2 back together that i'd read your posts before and his blog from the other ship LOL.

I sailed on the inaugural of the Reflection on 10/12/12.

That said...I found the internet to be fine (considering it's satellite). I did have issues connecting to the celebrity system overall - it often took several tries to get my account to start using my minutes - but once I did - it worked well.

As for the problems on board...it's a brand new ship. These things take time. I saw issues on my sailing - but overall it was hard to tell it was the 1st ever sailing of that ship to capacity with passengers.

I'm sure over the next few months they'll continue to oil the things that need the oil and repair the things that need repair.

I'd go on the reflection again - for sure.

And to the OP - your boyfriend is a very talented man :-) I remember seeing him each night and I never put 2 and 2 back together that i'd read your posts before and his blog from the other ship LOL.

I am very happy to read this :) Thank you!! I wonder if people think I'M Rory sometimes... :rolleyes: lol

Thanks for the uplifting post! I tend to ignore bad rumors until I have seen for myself. I am TOTALLY excited about cruising Reflection in April! I have only used internet on a ship once, when I was trying to change my flight time while we were still out at sea. Generally, the internet is not something I care to do on vacation. Being in contact with people who might remind me of my job waiting back home DEFINITELY doesn't excite me! I am going to have to read your boyfriend's blog. And if anyone cancels in our group, you can certainly come along! :) Cheers! And thanks for the info.

IMHO, I think it would be foolish to cancel because of "word of mouth" going around about the ship. I can attest that there is nothing serious going on, and that all "issues," no matter how small, are or have been taken care of. Celebrity is one of the best lines in my opinion, and really values the care and safety of it's passengers and crew. They would never put your safety as risk. If this is your concern with cancelling, please rest assured, everything is handled. :cool:

ENJOY YOUR VACATION!!!! Especially on this ship!!!! It is spectacular!

~ dpryo319

The only thing going on is over dramatic exaggeration. Tell the Bitties to get in the gym, they will be less cranky!!

The Relection is beautiful and we know any new ship has a few kinks to work out.

And.....Rory is, ""The BOMB"". Your a lucky girl. :cool:

Thanks for the uplifting post! I tend to ignore bad rumors until I have seen for myself. I am TOTALLY excited about cruising Reflection in April! I have only used internet on a ship once, when I was trying to change my flight time while we were still out at sea. Generally, the internet is not something I care to do on vacation. Being in contact with people who might remind me of my job waiting back home DEFINITELY doesn't excite me! I am going to have to read your boyfriend's blog. And if anyone cancels in our group, you can certainly come along! :) Cheers! And thanks for the info.

Wooo! Count me in ;)

So glad that you are interested in reading along the blog! It's pretty awesome :)

The only thing going on is over dramatic exaggeration. Tell the Bitties to get in the gym, they will be less cranky!!

The Relection is beautiful and we know any new ship has a few kinks to work out.

And.....Rory is, ""The BOMB"". Your a lucky girl. :cool:

Oh my dear Rory...I'm very, very lucky to have him...and he's lucky to have me :D

The exaggeration does make me giggle a little bit...lol! But, I always want to be respectful and keep those who are interested, informed, so maybe some worries can be prevented! :)

Thanks for the comment!

Archived