Pacific islands - Summer??

Robin122

Is Paul Gauguin the only line that is doing the Pacific Islands in the summer (Jun/Jul)? They are too pricey for us and we will have our 8 year old son with us and that line certainly does NOT say child friendly from what I've seen.

Hubby does not want to do Europe (with the smallest maybe on Northern/Baltic Europe) and we both want a cruise that is in the 12-14 day range.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Robin

Yes

If the Ambasador Club is going which it is on many of the summer cruises they accept kids from age 9.

PG is not badly priced for all the freebies tossed in plus it is 5 star.

Half your cost is airline, doesn't matter which line your on you will pay that big ol' price tag for the airfare.

Let me clarify my answer

PG is the only cruise line that goes to French Polynesia on a regular basis in June & July.

There may be a 'passer by' that goes to one or two islands in FP but that's it and right now I know of none that are doing that.

As Stated there are some cruises that go to other South Pacific locations primarily from and to Aussie land.

Thank you for the responses.

Since Ethan won't be 9 until next October, that would keep him out of the Ambasadors club and part of what he LOVES about cruising is the kids clubs.

I have a feeling we'll run into the same thing though if we do the Baltic too. sigh.

Guess we're stuck with another 7 day cruise to the Caribbean. (not a bad thing, but we really wanted longer and someplace new)

Thank you for the suggestion, but hubby does not want to be away from home for Christmas. He says "that's just wrong" to not be home. LOL (plus holiday sailings are more expensive... ;) )

We really are looking for something to do in the summer (June/July)

I think we'll save FP for a kid free trip. (maybe after he's on his own? - no family to watch him. We're on our own, which makes it a good thing we're older, I guess...)

HA HA HA HA

We take our major vacation usually in December and just love it! Yes the kids are grown but frankly it is nice not having to worry about the Christmas gathering soap opera. I've gotten to the point that hanging with family when there is an elephant in the room just isn't fun, would rather enjoy being with my beautiful wife in paradise.

I know, not all familes have elephants in the room but many do. Time is to short to play games .......

Plus you don't need to worry about setting up the decorations :)

I've been on a Christmas cruise and it was nice to avoid the rat race. They do a lot of things for kids on a Christmas cruise.

P&O is rather reasonable but in guess you guys have the airfare too.

There's also the transpacific in April and September/October. Sydney to Honolulu or reversed. You go via Tahiti.

Well, hubby decided that we would do the 1 week cruise around Hawaii (NCL) and then stay at Disney's Aulani for 1 week. So we'll get a bit of the tropical feel and a longer vacation.(and he's still jealous I've been to HI and he hasn't... LOL) It just stinks we can't find a summer cruise for 12-14 days that would work for us at this time.

We'll save FP and N Europe/Baltic until Ethan is older (and he will enjoy it more or we can go without him to help cure the pain of 'empty nesting' one day)

Archived