Cozumel Cruise Ships - Where can I find out how many will be in port?

sdwilson

I checked for the date I'll be there, and there will be 3 ships in port: Miracle, Sensation, and Navigator. But I don't know whether that's a lot of ships or a low number. Their combined capacity is about 7300 people. My guess is that number is about average, possibly on the low end of average.

I checked for the date I'll be there, and there will be 3 ships in port: Miracle, Sensation, and Navigator. But I don't know whether that's a lot of ships or a low number. Their combined capacity is about 7300 people. My guess is that number is about average, possibly on the low end of average.

Very much on the low end of average... our last cruise, we had 8 in Cozumel... some of the big ones too... 3 ships is a very low number, you should have no problem with crowding. Have had 5 and even then, it wasn't bad at all...

GC- When we did Cozumel was Paradise beach overly crowded? I didnt think the crowds were all that bad considering (I thought 9) that many ships were in port and most of them were mega ships like the Grand Princess, Explorer and the Navigator.

GC- When we did Cozumel was Paradise beach overly crowded? I didnt think the crowds were all that bad considering (I thought 9) that many ships were in port and most of them were mega ships like the Grand Princess, Explorer and the Navigator.

Cheryl, it really wasn't bad at all! The times of the arrivals of the ships was good... it was staggered. We left around 2-3PM, and there were still chairs available... it was more crowded than the last time we were there, but not bad at all. The first few hours we were there, there were not alot of people at all!! Had I not known, I would never have believed there were that many ships in port... there are enough beaches for everyone :D I think there were supposed to be 9 that day, but I think one of them had a change in itinerary... I think someone had mentioned there were just under 20K cruise ship passengers in Cozumel that day... amazing!!!

20,000 people?? I know where they were-- Del Sols eating at that mexican place. Joe & I arrived there exactly at noon and were seated right away- by the time we were done the line snaked down the store and our the door. The place is good and all but I dont think I woulda waited in a line to try it.

There will be 3 ships when we are there in July. That's why I was interested in finding out how many, we want to go to a beach and be a bum. And if there are going to be several ships in port, the we were signing up for the Passion Island Beach Excursion and not going to Paradise Beach b/c of the crowd. Passion is reserved just for the excursions, so less crowds.

But with just 3 ships, I think we should probably save our money and go to Paradise Beach. The only downside to this is - that I am scared to death to ride w/ taxi drivers in Coz. They drive so fast...Very Scary..I just close my eyes and pray.:)

• 3 weeks later...
Very much on the low end of average... our last cruise, we had 8 in Cozumel... some of the big ones too... 3 ships is a very low number, you should have no problem with crowding. Have had 5 and even then, it wasn't bad at all...

Thanks for the input GC. As it turns out, with the new itinerary of the Miracle, now it will be one of 4 ships at the time with Valor, Conquest, and Rhapsody of the Seas. Their total capacity is right around 10,000 passengers, so it will be a little more crowded than I originally thought, but nothing like the 20,000 that you mentioned so I doubt it will be an issue at all.

And I like the idea of being there in port later in the day. I had an idea of stopping at Carlos and Charlies on the way back from the beach, and now I'll have plenty of time to do that. (Though that extra time could be dangerous I guess ;))

Carlos and Charlies in Aruba has been getting some bad publicity lately. They say there is no such thing as bad publicity, but I can't see how this publicity is anything but bad.

Archived