Karaoke on the Inspiration

terri910

Wow....it's been three years since we've cruised! Seems like forever! But, we just took advantage of Carnival's one-day sale to book a weekend getaway out of Long Beach on the Inspiration -- yay!

We've never sailed on the Inspiration, and also we had heard from a friend that Carnival was changing their karaoke system fleet-wide to a digital system (and we were told it would utilize a kiosk system for signing up, choosing songs, pitch, etc.). Anyone know if this is the case, now? If so, sounds like it won't be necessary (or even of use) to bring our own karaoke discs...but if we brought a flash drive with our favorite songs/versions, would it even be able to be used?

I tried doing a search on these forums for info on this, but either there wasn't anything, or I'm clueless as to how the search function should be utilized! *L*

Any info would be much appreciated!

Oh.....and do they still have "elegant night" (used to be "formal night" years ago when we first started cruising)? Even on the 3-night cruises?

I'm not too up on the karaoke system used on the ships but I have always seen a song list. Didn't see a karaoke kiosk on the Inspiration last Febraury.

Don't know if you can bring your own music. Bring it as a flashdrive doesn't take up too much room, at worst you won't be able to use it.

CE night will be Saturday night, Ensenada day. Lobster will be served.

If you get assigned the aft MDR wait in the bar upstairs. You will be able to see the crowd enter and avoid the sardine situation in the MDR lobby.

Kareoke uses discs but you can bring your own. Books are listed by song titles and artists. List the code number and song title and they will pull the disc and track. I did it in Jan for first time and had s blast!

EN is on tues night on 4-day and sat night on 3-day.

I haven't been aboard "Inspiration" since she left Tampa, but I have sailed most of the ships in the Carnival fleet, and I can tell you that even though I keep hearing about the new digital kiosk for Karaoke, I have yet to see one. (Hope I don't, as I too enjoy bringing some of my favorite disks for the karaoke host/hostess to play) Usually, they'll let you use your own disks, as long as it's a commercial disk, (not ripped, or copied). I've only been turned down once, and that was a "new hostess" so I went to her boss (C.D.) who I happened to know quite well, and he gave her permission to play my disks. Karaoke is great fun, and you might also enjoy the "Superstar Karaoke", which is singing with a live band. That play list is quite limited, however, and you might have trouble finding something on their list that you'll enjoy singing. In any case,,,I know you'll enjoy Karaoke aboard the beautiful "Inspiration".

"SKY"

Thanks for the information! I guess we're going to have to dig out our favorite discs -- we have gone digital ourselves! My problem is that my very favorite songs are not often included in the average karaoke songlist, so this info will make a huge difference to my enjoyment....thanks so much!!

I would suspect they are still on the disc system.

If you love Karaoke, you need to do a 7-nighter!

My husband was Elvis!

Beware -- the Karaoke gal on the Paradise was a real downer. She actually dressed like Mayim Bialik on Big Bang Theory and sighed about missing her 4 year old the whole time.

We sang song after song since no one else wanted to.

I would guess it is still uses the CAVS (CDG) system...

The digital system on the Magic had a great selection for a change. (Although I did miss using my CDGs because arrangements can vary a lot)

The Breeze has the digital.....but those are the only two I know about.

Dream and Splendor had the ethermedia kiosk.

Mo said they had been promising him the digital on the Elation for months....

Yep, I have the same problem in that many of my favorite songs are "Big Band" songs, and they almost never have 'em in their collection, or if they do, it's a keyboard that is supposed to sound like a big band. "BAD,,BAD,,BAD" In any case, on about 95% of the ships, they can change the key, but I have been told once or twice that they couldn't. (Personally, I think it was just a matter of the host/hostess not knowing how to operate the equipment.) Karaoke aboard Carnival ships is always fun, and I know you'll have a great time. On ships with the "Legends Show", I'm usually Frank, or Elvis. GREAT FUN.

"SKY"

I would guess it is still uses the CAVS (CDG) system...

The digital system on the Magic had a great selection for a change. (Although I did miss using my CDGs because arrangements can vary a lot)

The Breeze has the digital.....but those are the only two I know about.

Dream and Splendor had the ethermedia kiosk.

Mo said they had been promising him the digital on the Elation for months....

Yes they use the cavs system. I saw it on Saturday when I broke down and decided to do it again. They changed the books and I couldn't find anything really familiar. I decided to do breaking up is hard to do ( Neil sedakas original version) and the Monkees I'm a believer.

Archived