Are there special cabins which are larger than regular cabins?

mpcaruth

We are a family of four and are going to book a cruise on the Jewel. I am familiar with various Carnival cabin categories which have a larger footprint: such as the port hole cabins (PT's) are larger than comparable priced inside cabins, and obstructed view or picture window cabins (4J's) are also much larger than insides.

I would like to book a cabin with the 3rd and 4th beds to be set up like the Jewel Balcony cabins: a queen bed, couch, and bunk over couch. Basically, we do not want to be cramped with the kids in a bunk directly over our heads. If there is no special type cabin, then I will consider either two inside cabins, or a single balcony cabin.

Any advice/information is appreciated.

We are a family of four and are going to book a cruise on the Jewel. I am familiar with various Carnival cabin categories which have a larger footprint: such as the port hole cabins (PT's) are larger than comparable priced inside cabins, and obstructed view or picture window cabins (4J's) are also much larger than insides.

I would like to book a cabin with the 3rd and 4th beds to be set up like the Jewel Balcony cabins: a queen bed, couch, and bunk over couch. Basically, we do not want to be cramped with the kids in a bunk directly over our heads. If there is no special type cabin, then I will consider either two inside cabins, or a single balcony cabin.

Any advice/information is appreciated.

You might consider a mini suite. A bit more square footage and the sofa converts to a bed. There would not be a pullman bed.

I don't believe NCL has sofa beds in any of their inside cabins. You'll probably need to book a balcony or mini-suite if you require a sofa bed.

On the Dawn, my son slept on the sofa bed. Also on the Sky. Bigger on the Dawn. On the Sun (twice), the bed was more like a futon but extra padding was added to it.

Archived