Triumph Behind The Fun Tour

hillbillycruisers

We just returned from our Nov.10 Triumph cruise...which was once again fabulous...and I wanted to put in my two cents worth about the behind the fun tour. We took the tour, and both really enjoyed all the interesting places seen and facts learned. I highly reccomend this tour, but it does take about 3.5 hours or so. It was interesting to see and talk to some of the crew...learn about some of the life onboard that goes on below decks and behind the scenes. I came away with a respect, and certain amount of sadness, after seeing the way a lot of the crew lives and works. The tour leader was very informative about the crew/staff living and working conditions...an example being how a lot of the lower-class workers never having the oppurtunity to ever get off the boat for the duration of their current contract time period. They do have bar, work out, and certain rec facilities available to them...and most are obviously making far more money than back home in the Philipines...or whereever. The tour showed us pretty much every aspect of the running of the ship, with very few areas off limits. And it was interesting, and fun, meeting the captain on the bridge, getting our pic with him, and being able to ask him lots of questions. The captain, and all the crew we talked to were very nice and polite...and all in all it was a good, interesting tour.:)

We just came back from cruising on the Valor and had a FABULOUS time. Cruise director Felipe is outstanding. Hilarious!!

We did the tour also. It was so worth it if you are a big time cruise fan, like me. This tour was a birthday gift, otherwise, I would not have paid the price of admission. I would now rethink that, after being on the tour.

I am so glad we went. Meeting the captain, touring the bridge, and having pictures taken with him was the highlight. Also, getting to ask him questions.

When we got back to the cabin, there were delicious chocolate covered strawberries waiting.

Later that night, the 3 tour pictures were delivered. LOVE EM!!! You can tell the photographer was a pro. One pic is of you and your family with the captain on the bridge. Another is on the deck with the ship's bell with your tour group. The third is the group with the captain on the bridge. They are all worthy of framing and that is what I am doing.

Other souvenirs include the tour lanyard the we hung the all access badge and a Behind the Scene bag. I like it cause it has a zipper on the outside. One other thing, a soap carving by the crew member who does the ice craving.

Happy Sailing!!

Archived