how far from dock to rum cake factory?

medfordgirl

I wanted to take the tour that included the rum cake factory but my DH doesn't want to spend 3 hours in a van. Do you know if I can just take a cab from where the tenders drop us off to the factory? do you know how far it is and how much do you think it would cost? DO you HAVE to be part of a tour to go to the factory? I wanted to buy a couple of their big cakes. I know I can probably get them at other locales but for some reason the one I bought before at the factory was so much better...really soaked in rum.

The Tortuga factory is out by the airport, you just look through a window to see them being made, there are stores in Georgetown. Have you tried Blackbeards rum cake, so much better.

I was reading about that on some other blogs. where can I buy one of them? are they filled with rum? I want to buy a really soaked one so when my son comes home on leave in january then he can take it back with him and enjoy it on base. does the blackbeards have a factory that you can buy direct from ?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived