Coki - safety & lockers

Xcitdcruiser

Hi there, I was beginning to enjoy the idea of visiting Coki until I saw that there was a fatal shooting a couple of years ago. I was wondering whether anyone has recently been & whether they felt 'safe' or have there been any recent troubles?

I enjoy the idea of Coki over St Johns (travel time) & Sapphire (less lively).

Also, does anyone know whether there are lockers available? I have read that if you pay the admission fee to Coral World you are able to use their lockers, but we have no plans to visit Coral World.

Are there any beaches with lockers? Would you recommend taking a camera to the beach?

Almost everybody at Coki has a camera or is taking photos with their phone. Google for Coki photos, and you'll see many posted.

The pics on gogle are lovely which leads me to ask about the safety of the camera that ppl take. There wil be 2 of us & we would like to head into the water together - are there lockers where we could leave the camera (& valuables) in it?

We've been to Coki twice and take our cameras all the time. The saftey issues are over and all is fine. Last time we were there there was construction, so I didn't see lockers, but I'm glad to hear there are some now. Every beach shold have them, it's free money for whoever would put them there. :) Coki is a wondeful beach and I am SO SAD we don't get to go there this cruise, but other adventures await!

We just came back from our Eastern Caribbean cruise and went to Coki Beach. It was very nice and very safe. The crew that works for SunSeekers was awesome. They took care of us like we were celebrities. The water is beautiful. We left our camera and belongings on the beach without even a thought. Our cab driver, Ringo, works for SunSeekers and was a gem.

I am so glad it has been cleaned up. Such a beautiful place and so scary 10 years ago. When we were there last, there were non-stop drug deals going on right behind us in a hurricane ravaged shell of a building. I am glad that's in the past.

Archived