is the time posted for the ship to dock the time we get off

Carol999

If they are saying the ship gets into puerto rico at 7 a.m., does that mean that we can self disembark at 7a.m. Or does that mean it starts to do its proceedures at 7a.m. and people wont get off till later?

It all depends upon whether Puerto Rico is a Embarcation / debarcation port or just a one day (port day) stop along the cruise....

If its your embarcation / debarcation port then you will most likely actually arrive around 5:30 or 6:00 AM and the customs and port authorities, etc will start their "work" and you can get off at 7:00 ish - or whenever they say so once they've "cleared" the ship..

If its simply a port day, you will dock at about 7:00am, and can get right off as soon as the port authorities say so... Much quicker for a port day, than an embarcation / debarcation day.

If they are saying the ship gets into puerto rico at 7 a.m., does that mean that we can self disembark at 7a.m. Or does that mean it starts to do its proceedures at 7a.m. and people wont get off till later?

Its means the same that happened on your Glory cruise.. you can self disembark when the ship is cleared and they call you:confused:

I'm in the same situation. I'm looking at a 10:40 a.m. flight from SJU to TPA. Let us know if you make it.

I just checked the FAQ part of the Carnival website. It says the earliest recommended time for an outbound flight from San Juan is 12 noon.

Archived