What night to book Steakhouse on Breeze

dancergirlmom

We are traveling on the 8 Day Carnival Breeze 12/22-30. Our family of 5 adults and 3 teens would like to try the Steakhouse one night. Is there a better night to do this? I know ships usually have a more formal food night in the MDR and we'd probably not want to do it that night. Also - I'm a bit confused about the Italian restaurant. I know it's free for lunch and a charge for dinner - but can you not book it ahead of time like you can with the steakhouse? We haven't been on Carnival in years...so I'm not really familiar with how they do things. Thanks!

We are traveling on the 8 Day Carnival Breeze 12/22-30. Our family of 5 adults and 3 teens would like to try the Steakhouse one night. Is there a better night to do this? I know ships usually have a more formal food night in the MDR and we'd probably not want to do it that night. Also - I'm a bit confused about the Italian restaurant. I know it's free for lunch and a charge for dinner - but can you not book it ahead of time like you can with the steakhouse? We haven't been on Carnival in years...so I'm not really familiar with how they do things. Thanks!

Have not been on the Breeze but on other ships I have always booked the 2nd at sea day - I prefer a sea day as I am usually wiped after excursions/port days. Also, take a look at the menu and see what day the MDR does not appeal to you and book that day. We have always pre booked.

I always usually book on the second formal night, that way I only have to really dress up 2 nights instead of 3. I want to prebook but like you said I want to make sure that nothing in the MDR appeals to me. Is there a way to find out the menu on the Glory ahead of time?

YES I just ask the hostess to look at the menu for the week - they are more than willing to let you look at it. I don't want to waste my money if they have things I really like in the MDR. Also, did you know that you can check out each day what is being served by going on your TV, you can also check on your S&S card this way as well so you can catch any errors immediately

YES I just ask the hostess to look at the menu for the week - they are more than willing to let you look at it. I don't want to waste my money if they have things I really like in the MDR. Also, did you know that you can check out each day what is being served by going on your TV, you can also check on your S&S card this way as well so you can catch any errors immediately

Oh! No I had no idea!!! Thats awesome! Thank you so much!

Oh! No I had no idea!!! Thats awesome! Thank you so much!

there are so many things that members on this board can tell you - a fountain of information just for the asking. I like to go to the MDR occasionally for breakfast and/or lunch - it has a limited menu but nice not to have to stand in line or look for a table. Or if the ship you are on has a Serenity Deck they have box lunches up there (turkey wrap/salad) if you are not into the buffet at lunch hour

If it's just the 2 of you or 2 couples, bookiing the steakhouse on the first night(Saturday) allows you to 1) go cruise casual versus cruise elegant, and 2) get a free bottle of wine. We booked for this next week (inaugral 8 day) on Tuesday (La Romana day) as Monday (Grand Truk) was booked fro our time preference. Others on the upcoming cruise have booked on Wednesday (Curacao) under the reasoning that since the ship doesn't leave until 11 PM many will still be ashore.

What ever day you chose, book it NOW, to get preferred times and days. We booked in September and still had to go with an alternate date.

Archived