Carnival Excursion - Montego Bay zipline?

caggfamily

I tried posting this under the Jamaica link in ports of call, but i haven't received a response from anyone who has done this trip through Carnival, so I thought i would post here and see what happens.

We are sailing on the Carnival Conquest in December and are looking to book a ziplining tour for our family - 2 adults, 2 teens. We have ziplined before but not in Jamaica.

Here is my question. Has anyone been on the canopy tour adventure in Montego Bay that is offered through Carnival? If so, who is the local tour company? I can't find any information about who actually does the tour. We are trying to decide between the carnival zipline tour and booking independently through Zipline adventures in Montego Bay. I generally have no problem booking independently, but Jamaica is one of my least favorite ports so i like the idea of having a cruise sponsored trip.

I just came back from a cruise on the Carnival Conquest and my wife and I did the zipline excursion in Montego Bay. If I recall correctly, the tour is run by Chukka Caribbean Adventures. You do 6 total traverses however 3 of them are sort of short. When I get home tonight I can verify the tour company as I still have their brochure.

The experience was pretty good. The guides were very professional , but also were very entertaining. The drive to the location took about an hour on a fairly narrow and winding road, however I never felt uncomfortable and it was quite picturesque. The tour company tried to keep the groups at about 10 people which seemed about right if not even a tad on the big side. The traverses themselves were exciting especially the last one which is over 1000 ft. long . There apparently was one person hurt in the group in front of us (apparently a burn of some sort) , however in general I can say that I felt very safe and they are continuously providing instructions to ensure you are doing you part properly.

On final note , there is a description and reviews on the Carnival site. They are located under the Explore Tab in the shore excursions section. I just did a spot check of the reviews and in general they seem fairly accurate.

Archived