shuttle from Port Canaveral to Dock

sickofsnowinmich

We are contemplating a cruise in March/April for spring break. Found out that the airport is about an hour drive from the cruise docks. Carnival charges $70/pp r/t for shuttle service.

What other options are out there, and is it necessary to reserve space ahead of time?

Also any recommendations for hotels the night before the cruise near the cruise docks?

One option is to rent a car. Most of the car rental companys have a office very near the pier and offer free shuttle. You can pick up your car when you arrive at MCO and then drop it off on your way to the port on embark day. This way, you can get around for dinner and to see some of the Cocoa Beach area.

We use www.cbshuttle.com to get from the airport to the hotel in Cocoa Beach.

We've stayed at Radisson By The Port. Next door is Country Inn and Suites...lots of cruisers stay there as well.

There are stores and places to eat within walking distance from both hotels.

The shuttle service will also take you from the hotel to the pier. I think the charge for that is $3pp.

I know Radisson has a shuttle, but it's a zoo waiting for it. Much nicer to have your own shuttle service.

Like other posters have all ready advised the best way to get to Port Canaveral from Orlando is to rent a vehicle. Budget, Hertz, Avis, an Enterprise have locations in Cape Canaveral that are very close to the port. In August 2012 I rented a vehicle from Budget at MCO, did the Disney thing for two days and then drove to Cape Canaveral on Friday afternoon. We stayed at Country Inn and Suites which is the first hotel located on A1A (Astronaut Blvd) south of Port Canaveral. The hotel is beautiful and the employees there are pleasant. Had an excellent seafood dinner at Fishlips on Friday night and went back to the hotel. Got up Saturday morning, dropped off the luggage at the port and returned the vehicle to the Budget location. Jumped on the shuttle and were back at the port in twenty minutes. After the cruise we waited approximately one hour for a shuttle to take us back to the Budget location because we were spending two additional weeks in South Florida. The Budget shuttle drivers were so busy that a Hertz driver who didn't have many passengers offered to bring us to the Budget location. He got a nice tip for his thoughtfulness. My cousin and his family who were with me grabbed a cab back to the Budget location because they were returning to Walt Disney World and he was taking his sister in law and her family back to MCO for their return flight to Newark, New Jersey.

We use www.cbshuttle.com to get from the airport to the hotel in Cocoa Beach.

We've stayed at Radisson By The Port. Next door is Country Inn and Suites...lots of cruisers stay there as well.

There are stores and places to eat within walking distance from both hotels.

The shuttle service will also take you from the hotel to the pier. I think the charge for that is $3pp.

I know Radisson has a shuttle, but it's a zoo waiting for it. Much nicer to have your own shuttle service.

We have stayed at the Raddison five times in the last 4 years & never had a problem with the shuttle. Right on time never had more than they could take at any time. You have to pick your time to leave for the port when you check in. We always go about 12:30 & go right to our cabin.

Coming back it has always been there or close when we get off.

We have stayed at the Raddison five times in the last 4 years & never had a problem with the shuttle. Right on time never had more than they could take at any time. You have to pick your time to leave for the port when you check in. We always go about 12:30 & go right to our cabin.

Coming back it has always been there or close when we get off.

I might just be unlucky then.

My experience has been everyone pushing and shoving to be the first one on.

The shuttle situation at the end of a cruise is horrible in Port Canaveral. There is no supervision and no forming of lines so when a shuttle bus pulls up everyone attempts to get on at the same time. It was ridiculous how some people were acting when I returned from our Carnival Dream cruise on August 11th,2012. The pick up area is also relatively small so that doesn't help with the overall situation. Passengers stated that the new terminal was better equipped to handle the shuttle bus situation. It was scheduled to open a week after the conclusion of our cruise.

Archived