Oh the Places We Go, The People We See ...Dream Trip Report

jenseib

It was really neat in here though!

bigtoptreats3.jpg

And this is when I realize that the characters are dressed for a theme and not in a Halloween costume.

madamedaisy.jpg

Claire had noticed basically no line for Goofy and Donald at all either, so we went back around, and yes you have to go outside to get back in, and got in line ….only to find them gone! But we were told they would be out soon. We also sent out another text to Stephanie to let her know we were seeing more charaters.

exoticsnake.jpg

Next thing we know, we see Carey, John, and Kadence come walking in. They were only a few people behind us so we chatted a bit while we waiting. Of course Claire and Kadence were both excited to see other and showed it by eyeing each other up and down. LOL

Soon it was time for the Great Goofini and Donaldo! Do you see what I see?

goofyshand.jpg

TaDa!!!!

The Great Goofini!

greatgoofini1.jpg

Notice Donald’s giving the thumbs down from behind the curtain in this next picture.

greatgoofini2.jpg

We didn’t have to wait too long and then it was our turn to see the Great Goofini!

greatgoofini3.jpg

Photo0217FourBySix.jpg

Goofy then gave Claire a spin. Claire LOVES when characters do this. Sadly the photopass photographer didn’t even take one picture of this interaction.

greatgoofini4.jpg

greatgoofini5.jpg

greatgoofini6.jpg

greatgoofini7.jpg

donaldo11.jpg

Photo0238FourBySix.jpg

We said a final good bye to Donaldo.

donaldo12.jpg

We noticed that Carey’s family was just getting to Goody as we were leaving. I believe we waved goodbye and headed out to the dump shop once again.

Claire wanted to wait for Kadence, but if I remember right, they were taking a bit longer than we expected.

bigtoptreats4.jpg

Even the flooring here is themed!

bigtoptreats5.jpg

We really loved this Dumbo stuff, but we knew it would just collect dust, so we didn’t buy anything.

bigtoptreats6.jpg

I wish this nightgown came in a real dress and slightly bigger.

bigtoptreats7.jpg

I believe we gave up on Carey and headed out, texting Stephanie once again too.

As we walked it out of the Big Treat Tent, we noticed a lot of CM’s in their Halloween party uniforms. I think they had just come from a meeting.

halloweencms.jpg

A nice look at Dumbo and his tent.

dumbotent.jpg

The Mine Train Crane. Yeah it’s a new ride. LOL

minecrane.jpg

We thought about riding Pooh. Actually before the character stop, that was our intentions, but the line was too long and it was now nearing 7 PM, so we decided to head up front and get our costumes out of the locker and change.

poohtree.jpg

nflwalls.jpg

berryplants.jpg

We spotted the Brave meet area.

bravemeetarea.jpg

It was starting to get dark ….fast!

duskcastle.jpg

Now this was one of my dumbest ideas ever. I knew that at 7ish Main Street would be busy. We had guest exciting and others coming in for the party. If I was smart, I would’ve made it up front before 6 to change. I knew this info a head of time …but I just didn’t apply my knowledge to myself. LOL!

mainstreetevening.jpg

We struggled to get to the locker and there we a ton of people doing the same thing and standing in the way and changing right in the locker room as well. We grabbed our stuff and headed off to the bathroom to change, where we found many other people changing as well. Claire refused to change in front of others, so we crammed into a small stall and changed. I was literally working up a sweat trying to do all this. I was cursing myself here.

Finally we got finished and headed out. Claire and I both dressed up as Mary Poppins. Her dress used to be fantastic, but she has really outgrown in and this was our last chance to wear it again. I was very basic, but it made Claire happy to think we were both the same character.

mainstreethalloween.jpg

And it was crowded. We swam upstream and finally made it to Fantasyland area.

Again, we had to try our luck.

marysword1.jpg

marysword2.jpg

We made our way straight back to the new Fantasyland. Now for you professional party goers, you are going to cringe, but I didn’t do much party research for myself. I had planned to do it closer to my trip, but I just didn’t have enough time to do it. I did know basics though and what I was about to do was not what a pro would do. I did not even think about anything to do with the party and went straight back into the new Fantasyland and I was going to explore back there before I even gave another thought about the party going on over on the other side of the walls.

And yes, we were allowed back. We just had to show our party bands.

And we saw the incredible Beats Castle!

BeastCastle1.jpg

We headed straight back to Be Our Guest. I asked if they were serving food and the CM told me yes, but only to those who had a reservation. How the heck do you get one of those????? Oh well, BUT we were allowed to take a quick tour. That surely is better than nothing.

Now I am a little mad because what the CM did not tell me was that at the podium they were taking walk up guest and giving them pagers to wait for a table. I would’ve done that in a heartbeat had I known.

My pictures are just AWFUL. This place is soooo dark. The whole new Fantasyland area is dark and the interiors aren’t much better.

bog1.jpg

bog2.jpg

bog4.jpg

These are for ordering the quick service lunch.

bog5.jpg

I asked where the line was for Gaston and the CM said there are no lines for Gaston, he just picks who he wants to see next. I did not like this idea and Gaston was moving all over the place. Claire did NOT want to see him, but I told her she had too. I don’t usually force her to do many things, but sometimes you just know when they need that push. I told her I would be with her. So she reluctantly followed around as he kept walking and finally he chose her. This guy did the character well. He is so funny and arrogant.

Again, this area is so dark that pictures are awful and even the photopass are not good.

gaston2.jpg

Photo0277FourBySix.jpg

gaston1.jpg

Photo0279FourBySix.jpg

Photo0281FourBySix.jpg

Photo0285FourBySix.jpg

Photo0288FourBySix.jpg

Mother knows best! Claire was so happy we did this meet. She was talking a mile a minute again about this and how special and lucky we are. As we left he said "so glad you could meet me" and she thought that was pretty funny.

We headed over to the new Ariel ride; this was a must for us.

ericscastle.jpg

arielship1.jpg

Unfortunately they had some technical problems and the ride wasn’t up right now. They had some cute saying, but I forget what it was now.

arielship2.jpg

So we headed over to the Ariel meet and greet next and again the line was not too bad. I really think not many people knew this area was even opened.

You went into a cave and it was pretty darn dark in there.

arielmeetlightfixture.jpg

A view of the waterfall from the backside.

backsideofarielwaterfall.jpg

Stephanie had still been texting back and forth and she was now back in the new Fantasyland as well and she said she would just wait at the exit of the meet and greet for us.

Photo0303FourBySix.jpg

Photo0306FourBySix.jpg

And you must hug before you leave.

arielmeet8.jpg

Photo0310FourBySix.jpg

And we exited and Stephanie and her son Jack were waiting for us. It was so nice to meet up with her finally. Jack was the complete opposite of Kadence. He NEVER stopped talking. He was just too cute. Claire kept talking about him too the rest of the trip and kept forgetting his name, so she would call him pirate boy, since he was dressed as a pirate for the party.

I got a couple of shots of the kids.

claireandjack.jpg

claireandpiratejackboy.jpg

And then I let Claire take a picture of us. I was a bit nervous, as this was my good camera and made sure Claire had a good hold of it. Not too bad!

stephandi.jpg

Jack also wanted to use my camera, but I passed on that offer. LOL

We headed over towards the Little Mermaid ride once again, but it was still not running. BUMMER!

At this point in time I was starving. I was to the point of getting a headache and I knew I would become grouchy if I didn’t eat some real food soon, so we headed towards Gaston’s to see if we could scrounge up something there.

We all got in line and they seemed to be moving super slow. Stephanie was just going to get one of the brews for Jack.

gastons2.jpg

Our line was moving very slow, so I went over to the next one. BIG mistake. Stephanie got served and others did too and I was still waiting behind the same people. They didn’t understand the dining plan and also had some cash in the transaction and lots of money was going back and forth. I seriously was about to flip out. I think part of the problem was the cashier too, as she seemed to be a bit clueless when we finally had our turn.

Claire and I got the pork shank and a drink to share.

gastons3.jpg

We found Stephanie and Jack and had a seat and we just totally dug into the food. Poor Stephanie probably thought we were savages. LOL

I didn’t even think to take a picture till it was almost gone. Sorry for the devoured picture.

gastons4.jpg

I had heard from others that had gotten to try it during sneak previews that this was very good and a big portion. It was very good, but we must’ve drawn the short straw as ours was really small. I think we could’ve easily eaten another, but for the price, and the long wait, I wasn’t about to order more.

I tried to get a few pictures before we left, but people were in my way and the place isn’t very big, so I only got a few.

gastons5.jpg

gastonslightfixture.jpg

gastonsdoors.jpg

There was a big chair that I wanted to take a picture of, but these teen kids kept switching and taking photos and I just decided my patience wouldn’t last long enough to wait them out. Obviously they didn’t see me standing there with my camera.

We left and I got this shot of the restroom area really quickly.

gastonrestrooms.jpg

And one last try at the statue in the dark.

gastonsstatue3.jpg

We decided to head out of the new Fantasyland for now and trick or treat. We were talking away and Jack was REALLY talking away. He was so funny and he just cracked me up. As we were walking out, guess who we ran into? ….Carey, John and Kadence! We all decided to trick or treat at a few places and then head to the dance party.

I think Stephanie decided to go on her own at this point. Jack wanted to change out of his costume. We told her the area we had planned to be at for the parade and told her she was welcome to join us then too. She never did make it though. I think they were about to leave when the parade was on and they just watched it near the front if I remember right.

If you are keeping track, meeting up with Stephanie was now meet number 4. Oh the People We See!

Edited by jenseib

So the plan was to trick or treat and then head off to a dance party. Carey said that was a big highlight for Kadence the year before, and I knew Claire was one who liked to dance too.

One trick or treat area was by the River boats, but this one seems to be connected to the dock with its decorations. I guess it wasn’t up and running.

mardigrasboat.jpg

We got quite a bit of candy in just the few stops we made and then off to the dance party.

At first Claire was shy again. UGH. I know she loves to dance, but she seemed like it might be embarrassing to do it now. I tried to dance a bit with her, but that was even more embarrassing.

woodydance1.jpg

Finally the 2 got their groove going, yet, they weren’t about to get too close!

woodydance2.jpg

woodydance3.jpg

As time went on, they started getting a bit closer to each other.

woodydance4.jpg

woodydance5.jpg

I have no clue why Claire is making such a face.

woodydance6.jpg

And finally success. They now were dancing officially together and they were talking!

woodydance7.jpg

woodydance8.jpg

You will notice I did a really good job at getting the back side of them. I swear no matter how I tired, I couldn’t get their faces in the pictures. And the few I did were blurry blobs.

woodydance9.jpg

woodydance10.jpg

woodydance11.jpg