books on cruising

timfan27

We are taking my son's girlfriend on her first cruise. I am looking for a book that I can give her for Christmas that will help her see what happens on a cruise, what to expect, what to pack etc. Anyone use a good book that can help a newbie get excited about a cruise. Also we will be taking the Explorer of the Seas.

We are taking my son's girlfriend on her first cruise. I am looking for a book that I can give her for Christmas that will help her see what happens on a cruise, what to expect, what to pack etc. Anyone use a good book that can help a newbie get excited about a cruise. Also we will be taking the Explorer of the Seas.

The following is a good book:

http://www.amazon.ca/Berlitz-Complete-Guide-Cruising-Cruise/dp/1780040601

This listing is on the Canadian Amazon site but I'm quite sure they will have it at the US site as well.

Do you want some "novels' for her? Some read while soaking in the bath type books? Have several names if you are interested, let me know before I bore everyone with the titles. I think Frommers cruiseport books (new one out every year) are the best cruise books. They list cruise lines, ships, ports, excursions, walking tours, menu samples, tons of stuff in one place. Check Barnes&Nobel Store or Amazon on line.

Archived