Using Adventure Club in the Evening ??

This will be our second cruise (set sail on Liberty on Dec. 17). We took our first cruise a couple of years ago. I remember that the check in/check out process went smoothly, pertaining to the kids club, and that my child enjoyed going. But I also remember feeling frustrated with the evening process - there was an option to let your child eat in the kids club and then remain there part of the evening while the adults are doing adult things. There seemed to be some sort of "window"for signing up for the evening that was inconvenient for us (as in we had to be at dinner or getting ready for dinner or participating in some other activity which prevented us from getting signed up). Has this changed or is there an easier way to get your child signed up for the evening shift?

This will be our second cruise (set sail on Liberty on Dec. 17). We took our first cruise a couple of years ago. I remember that the check in/check out process went smoothly, pertaining to the kids club, and that my child enjoyed going. But I also remember feeling frustrated with the evening process - there was an option to let your child eat in the kids club and then remain there part of the evening while the adults are doing adult things. There seemed to be some sort of "window"for signing up for the evening that was inconvenient for us (as in we had to be at dinner or getting ready for dinner or participating in some other activity which prevented us from getting signed up). Has this changed or is there an easier way to get your child signed up for the evening shift?

I just got off Mariner traveling with my 5 and 6 year old granddaughters. They LOVED Adventure Ocean. You will need to register your child. Registration was on the first late afternoon/early evening. No activites the first night. Night sessions start at 7pm and last till 10 pm. Late night is available for $6 per hour up till 2am. Adventure dining was available 3 nights. We met at the Windjammer at 5:45 and signed in the girls. After eating they were taken up to AO for evening activities. If you have early dining, the AO staff can pick up kids outside the MDR at 6:45 to take them up to AO so you can finish your dinner at your leisure. It may sound confusing but works any way you want it to. You just have to sign them in and out. If you have any other questions, I'll try to answer them.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I just need to ask if they can work around our schedule. So there is no specific deadline for getting them signed up for dinner with AO?

I think the sign up time for AO dining was 11:45am same day. You can drop off the kids at any time within the open hours and pick them up earlier than closing time, but ours always threw a fit if we picked them up early;)

Do you remember which nights they had AO dining? We are on Mariner in Feb and would like to go to Chops one of those nights. Thanks :)

We were on the Roatan, Belize, Cozumel route. AO dining was on nights 2, 4 and 6. Night 4 was a port day. We went to Giovanni's Table and Chops. They were both very good.

We were on the Jewel of the Seas last month and they offered Adventure Dining every night, except the first night. At least one of the nights, he was the only child that signed up, but they still took him. He did not want to eat with us. He loved Adventure Ocean and the staff. Our cruise was New England and there weren't many kids on board.

It seems like we just had to sign him up each day and select what entree he wanted. I don't recall if there was a deadline for signing up.

We were on the Jewel of the Seas last month and they offered Adventure Dining every night, except the first night. At least one of the nights, he was the only child that signed up, but they still took him. He did not want to eat with us. He loved Adventure Ocean and the staff. Our cruise was New England and there weren't many kids on board.

It seems like we just had to sign him up each day and select what entree he wanted. I don't recall if there was a deadline for signing up.

Wow! Every night. My 6 year old granddaughter would live at AO if were possible. She doesn't like going to the MDR.

Archived