Weather

heids32

I don't know where to ask this question, hopefully someone here can help!! We are planning on taking a cruise the end of September or early October. Now, the next step is to decide where we want to go. I have heard different things about the southern out of San Juan at that time of year, some say don't do it, its hurricane season, others say it isn't really affected. Has anyone gone that time of year or have any opinions on it?

Thanks!!

Heidi

Most of the Southern Ports on the Destiny are below the Hurricane belt, so there's not much to worry about. Now, San Juan itself is not. We have cruised San Juan twice now and it happened to be raining both times in October. We still got some good weather, too, but I would have loved our post cruise stay a little more had the clouds moved away a bit :)

It was a beautiful day in Dominica, drizzling in the AM in Barbados, but we got plenty of sun, and Aruba was cloudy till around 2pm. It was just the luck of the draw. I love cruising in October when the crowds are much smaller and there aren't as many children on board the ships.

• 3 weeks later...

Going through a hurricane wouldn't be so bad. It would be fun to see something new. You trip you are planning will put you in the risk of seeing some bad weather.

San Jaun, St. Thomas, and St. Martin... be prepared for anything this time of year.:)

Archived