Kids Dailies All Ages - Epic Thanksgiving

djmess

Is this going to be for all ncl-ships???

My dd is a "late-eater", and this means that she will no have no more time in the children club in the evening.

This is was I didn't like with Hal and Princess, and why we now cruised with ncl.

I don't put my child in the club for 12 hours a day every day, but for me freestyle was to let her go whenever she wanted.

Is this going to be for all ncl-ships???

My dd is a "late-eater", and this means that she will no have no more time in the children club in the evening.

This is was I didn't like with Hal and Princess, and why we now cruised with ncl.

I don't put my child in the club for 12 hours a day every day, but for me freestyle was to let her go whenever she wanted.

I've been composing my letter to NCL corporate. It will be a very professional and well worded letter. I promise. I've been known to write a very good letter and get answers in other experiences, hopefully the same will be said for a letter to NCL. I'm not promising to get any answers, but hope to find out something and will post when and if I do. Please if anyone else finds out please let us know.

I've been an NCL fan because of kids club and freestyle also, hopefully this will be a non fleetwide thing and a major flop of a test. If enough people express concern or dislike, we can only hope. I spoke with my PCC and she was very surprised. Asked me to let her know what i find out and i asked her the same. She said many times experienced cruisers know more than the PCC's as they are on the ships a lot and also here on CC.

Thank you for posting these. I really hope this isn't typical for the entire fleet because I'm not sure I want my 13yo participating in some of those activities.

Am I the only parent that thinks playing "The Dating Game" and having a mock "Frat/Sorotity Party" is completely inappropriate for 13yos? (And the "pledge your sorority/fraternity" bit just seems like it's encouraging underage drinking. I should know - I am/was a sorority girl!)

I really wish NCL had the same age groupings as Carnival and RCCL and put 12-14 together and 15-17 together.

Thank you for posting these. I really hope this isn't typical for the entire fleet because I'm not sure I want my 13yo participating in some of those activities.

Am I the only parent that thinks playing "The Dating Game" and having a mock "Frat/Sorotity Party" is completely inappropriate for 13yos? (And the "pledge your sorority/fraternity" bit just seems like it's encouraging underage drinking. I should know - I am/was a sorority girl!)

I really wish NCL had the same age groupings as Carnival and RCCL and put 12-14 together and 15-17 together.

I totally agree with you. My son will be 13 when I was considering cruising on the Epic, but when I read the teen activities, I thought, "oh my!". I don't agree with those types of activities for a 13 y.o. either, and quite frankly, my son would be bored with what's listed. Looks like we'll be sticking with Carnival and RCCL, because they separate them out to 12-14 y.o., which is a much better age fit for my soon-to-be 13 yo son.

I thought the same way when my kids were younger, and my thinking has changed. We think grouping 13 to 17 is great because we're bringing kids age 14 and 17.

There is a huge spectrum of (im)maturity at that age. A 14 yo from Long Island NY may seem like a kid from a different planet compared to a 14 yo from rural Minnesota. My 14 yo DS happens to be more comfortable with (pestering?) 17 yo's because he practices on his 17 yo sister. I'm more comfortable with him hanging around with older kids because we have an older kid. Seriously, most 16 and 17 yo's don't come on board planning to corrupt and prey on the 13 yo's. Mostly they ignore (shun?) them. The teens will self select by maturity and interests, regardless of chronological age.

I agree that a Frat/Sorority party seems like an odd teen theme choice, yet I doubt they'll be playing beer pong and doing keg stands. (BTW I was in a sorority and it was not all about alcohol) Sometimes the title of the activity is not what you think based on your adult experiences --One of our cruises "Dating Game" was about the kids matching which teen celebrity was dating whom.

In our multi cruise, various brands, experiences the teen club is a hit or a bust depending on the mix of teens who are on board and on the morale and engagement of the staff. It's a crap shoot every time.

I would not recommend making a decision about a cruise based on a few activity titles in the Teen Program.

I do recommend hoping for a nice mix of teens, happy staff, and that the staff, crew, and parents shut down negative attitudes and bad behaviour immediately.

Many thanks to the OP for scanning and posting.

I'm glad I could help with these Kids Schedules.

I really hope Cruisanmamma, who according to her posts is currently onboard the Epic is able to pick up the kids Schedules also. Since she is cruising after the Thanksgiving week and it is more a "regular" week, it will be interesting to see if the schedules change

LMFAO is a Band/musical dance group.

When I first read it, I was thinking something else, maybe you are too

I know that :p -- just not sure what the comment is referring to -- LMFAO Party and "raising the tolerance bar"????

Archived