I always wonder why...

LDVinNC

people ask for dailies, menus, etc. in advance of their cruise. I do like to make plans, but I think it is fun to look at the Daily each evening to see what's up for the next day, and I won't even look at the menu posted outside the dining room. I'll stand aside if DH wants to look at it early in the day. I like to wait and look at it once I am seated for the meal. Just adds to the pleasure of the trip, I think.

people don't ask for dailies, menus, etc in advance of their cruise. Actually, as already said, to each his/her own. I am in the military and a planner; DW is spur of the moment. Put together, we make the perfect couple. I ask for dailies in order to gain a general idea of what is going on for a particular ship as they can be quite different. The dailies also help answer a lot of the typical, regualar questions we see on CC such as: questions about the ship versus shore time, show times, whether a particular entertainer is on board, a rough idea on drink prices and specials,etc. As to what we will actually do is determined once we read our actual dailies in our stateroom. I can be happy doing nothing, or in constant motion going from event to event as long as I'm cruising with my loved ones.

Originally Posted by millerspapa viewpost.gif

I am the planner in my family. I am new to cruising and want to find out everyhting possible to make sure my trip is as enjoyable as possible. I do not want to miss any valuable tips that might enhance our time. My wife on the other hands, wants to wait and be surprised with everything. I tried to show her a video I had gotten of our suite and she does not want to see it.

I guess we are all a little different.

Thats my husband. He dose not want to hear the word "cruise" until it happens in July. Me, on the other hand, has been getting any and all information I can get. He wouldn't watch the video either! lol!!!:D

Your spouses are both very lucky! I am also the planner in my family, and our past cruises have been fabulous because of my research and planning. I am sometimes a bit envious of my DH and DD, as they get to walk on to the ship and the best of every detail has been arranged...and they get to experience it as a "surprise". I do admit, I love to compile all the information, the anticipation in planning is almost as fun as the actual cruise. I also must purchase a FCC before I leave the ship, so I have at least another cruise to plan when we get home :D

Speaking only for myself, I was asking for dailies because I am traveling with over 20 other people and there are two things in particular that some of the group want to do. It would make it easier for myself to know what 2 days (and times) they will be.

yes and dailies can change

people ask for dailies, menus, etc. in advance of their cruise. I do like to make plans, but I think it is fun to look at the Daily each evening to see what's up for the next day, and I won't even look at the menu posted outside the dining room. I'll stand aside if DH wants to look at it early in the day. I like to wait and look at it once I am seated for the meal. Just adds to the pleasure of the trip, I think.

I'm with you on this one!!!!

Knowledge is power. The more I know the better we cruise. Having and idea of what kind of activities will be on board and what show/dinners are (probably) on which nights help me to maximize our cruise experience. Our first cruise, I researched nothing, I thought cruises were just about hopping on board and doing your thing. Worst. Cruise. Ever. We didn't cruise again for 4 years! I researched our second cruise heavily and we had an amazing vacation and now cruises are my favorite mode of travel.

I fit into the uber planner category, like others mention. I'm the only one in my family that researches anything. Everyone else would be fine with looking up nothing, boarding the ship, and booking excursions once they get there. This drives me insane, so I gladly take hold of the planning and gather everything I can. Because of this crazed info hunting I do, I have crafted amazing experiences for our family. It makes me happy to be well researched for my travels. The dailies are just a small part and a bonus if I can find recent copies!

Archived