CC Aft Cabins

Scott Cyn

After reading these boards, I had my TA book us into an aft cabin on our Baltic cruise on the Connie next June. I asked her and she agreed that the aft cabins are very popular.

But now I must admit, I don't know why. I feel rather like the Soviet-era Russian who saw a queue and jumped in, faithful that there would be something up front worth the wait.

Somebody tell me please, why did I want an aft cabin? I can see that the verandah is huge. Is that it? Or are there other benefits?

Scott

We've had aft cabins on five milli size ships.The balconies are huge, the view is spectacular, and not much hallway traffic. Do a search for 'aft cabins' and you'll get lots of other reasons.

Dave and Elaine

The balconies are huge, the view is spectacular, especially during sailaways. You won't find a better spot to be. No traffic as stated above and the peace and tranquility of watching that wake as you're sailing is to die for. Hang onto it with both hands, you won't regret it for a minute.

Marilyn

I agree. We are booked into an aft cabin for our next 3/4 cruises. We have a suite reserved for the other cruise and gave up our aft cabin because it's a special cruise for us.

I love the 180 degree scenery and it's partially covered so you have the best of both worlds. Keep the room.

After reading these boards, I had my TA book us into an aft cabin on our Baltic cruise on the Connie next June. I asked her and she agreed that the aft cabins are very popular.

But now I must admit, I don't know why. I feel rather like the Soviet-era Russian who saw a queue and jumped in, faithful that there would be something up front worth the wait.

Somebody tell me please, why did I want an aft cabin? I can see that the verandah is huge. Is that it? Or are there other benefits?

Scott

Take a look at the photos in the signature block below.

1) Yes, the verandas are much larger. MUCH larger. Nearly 5 TIMES larger. Instead of one that you can barely fit two loungers on and still get to the cabin door, you've got REAL space to eat, lounge, er.. hang the laundry...

Since all of the 190+ sq ft Category 1 cabins have all been converted to CC cabins, your next option down was the Category 2. These are nice, but especially on a longer cruise, there's no question that the added space of the old Cat1/nowCC cabins is very nice indeed. That said, why not pay the same price and get the monster veranda with it???

It's not just the use of the space that makes the difference -- it's the feel of space that this causes in "your space". I live backed up to a golf course. I don't have to actually be playing on it to enjoy the added sense of space that it gives to the lot.

2) You have a large area of both shade and sun available most of the time on these verandas, so you can take your pick.

3) You'll be very conveniently located for breakfast and snacks and all other meals, for that matter. It's a short pop upstairs for a cup of coffee, afternoon tea, or whatever, and a short ride down to the main restaurant (especially in heels, or so my wife advises). We have enjoyed that proximity.

4) You'll also be conveniently located for access to the deck area and bar 10 Aft. Nice place to hang out, and the music in the evenings is typically of a very relaxing sort.

5) There's nothing quite like listening to the wake of the ship, especially at night. More than one of us has either threatened to, or actually slept out on the veranda to that sound. Weather permitting, we'll at least kill the cabin AC and just leave the door open.

Scott, don't believe a word they are telling you. You DON'T want the aft cabin, they are just awful, and to show you how wonderful and considerate I am, I'll volunteer to relieve you of the burden and take it from you, deal?

Boten, how very thoughtful of you. Perhaps you could unburden me of this pesky gold brick that is so heavy to carry around. And while we're at it, I have this really annoying Mercedes that I am forced to drive around in. Maybe you could take that off my hands too.

Thanks to all for the responses.

Scott

We booked the Summit last February...booking 3 cabins.I told my T/A we wanted 3 cabins together.She said she had a Primo cabin aft and suggested I take it because I had done all the legwork on the booking.I hesitated because I thought it would be better to have 3 cabins in a row but I told her to book it and I figured I could change if I wanted to.Told my brothers about it and one said he didnt want an aft cabin and the other said keep it...you did all the work.I generously offered to flip a coin but they really didnt take me up on it...Yet. We are going to visit them next weekend as they live in a different state and we have to get together to have fun talking about and planning the cruise.i am so hoping they don't want the coin flip thing

Archived