Need help with excursions please!!

katyb405

Hi!

My husband and I are first-time cruisers, cruising on the Carnival liberty on July 20th/05

We wanted to know how far in advance we should book our shore excursions?? My husband thinks we should wait because it is another chunk to put on our credit card that would have to be paid off sooner. I don't want the excursions to get booked up and miss out.

Also, I can't pick an excursion in Cannes. I am trying to decide between St. Tropez and Monte Carlo. Any advice would be VERY much appreciated!!

Hi. I'm booked on the 8/25 Liberty sailing and we've already booked most of our excursions. We decided to use private tour companies since we'll be able to do so much more in most ports. We were most happy with the Cannes tour in particular. We booked with Michel Legrand of Revelation Tours and we're going to be able to see Monte Carlo/Monaco, Nice, Ez and a few other villages/towns. There are 5 of us travelling and the cost was $150 Euros each. We also booked private tours in Naples and Livorno with Giovanni (info@benvenutolimos.com). Those tours are $150 E also. My only disappointment is that we're not going to Capri. I can't convince my friends to only book a half day tour in Sorrento/Pompei and the rest in Capri....but we will be able to see Positano and Ravello which are supposed to be incredible. If you check the posts on the Europe or Roll Call boards you may be able to hook up with some other people from your cruise to share a private tour. These boards are a wealth of info. Happy sailing!

If you book your shore excursions through the cruise line, it won't be charged to your credit card right away. They will be charged to your on-board account after you check in. And, your on-board account isn't charged to your credit card until the last day of your cruise.

As to when to book???? That depends on how popular the particular excursion is. We're leaving in two weeks and we didn't want to miss out on Disney. So, we booked our excursion to Disney last week. And, we're doing an air boat ride through the everglades while in Miami. So, we booked that one at the same time just because that's one less thing to worry about when you get on-board.

Happy Sailing :)

Archived