How far forward can I walk on the Zuiderdam?

tripman

On the two prevoius ships I've been on, I've been able to walk all the way to the very front of the ship (like the "king of the world" part of Titanic). Can you do this on the Zuiderdam? It isn't clear from the deck plans I have.

Thanks

As long as the seas are calm you can walk to the "King of the World" part of the ship very easily. Just go to Deck 4 and keep walking forward...there should be a door or doors that you can go through if they aren't locked that will take you out onto the bow. :)

This is actually not easy to find. Its is located where the Spa is and you must walk on the starboard side of the ship. Walk past the the gym and through the door. Don't do anything you might not want the rest of the ship to know about because the bow of the ship is always on a live feed on the TV. Channel 21. Zuiderdam 5/21 -5/28, 2005

This is actually not easy to find. Its is located where the Spa is and you must walk on the starboard side of the ship. Walk past the the gym and through the door. Don't do anything you might not want the rest of the ship to know about because the bow of the ship is always on a live feed on the TV. Channel 21. Zuiderdam 5/21 -5/28, 2005

The spa and gym are on the Lido deck (9) not deck 4 (Upper Promenade).

The door is on the starboard side past cabin 4001. It WILL be latched and you will have to open the watertight latch. If it's not LOCKED you can go out on the bow observation area.

On The Oosterdam, the two doors from deck 4 forward were marked Crew Only. One was marked "use door on other side", but the door on the other side also said "Crew Only". I didn't bother checking to see if they were locked. I figured if HAL went ahead and labled it Crew Only, they didn't want me out there.

I didn't see any other passengers on the bow the entire cruise, so I guess no one else tried it either. Since they are both Vista class, I am not sure why HAL would let people on bow of the Zuiderdam but not the Oosterdam.

There were no problems opening the water tight doors on deck 5 to go out on that forward balcony.

On the two prevoius ships I've been on, I've been able to walk all the way to the very front of the ship (like the "king of the world" part of Titanic). Can you do this on the Zuiderdam? It isn't clear from the deck plans I have.

Thanks

In April I went out on the Tip of the Zui via Deck 4. I beleive I went by the Officiers Lounge walked through one or two heavy doors and walked right out onto the tip of the Zui. I entered the bow on the right side of the boat. No problem. I spent all of two minutes on it and left.

Finding it was my challenge, the view was not much different than from many other points on the ship

We were able to find it easily thanks to a tip from this board...........deck 4 all the way forward. Locked the first 2 times we tried but we did find it unlocked while docked AND while at sea several times before dark. Must say I love the whole "king of the world" thing as cheesey as it is! hope you find the door unlocked, have a great time!

On The Oosterdam, the two doors from deck 4 forward were marked Crew Only.

On the Westerdam they are also label crew only. This subject came up just before our cruise last January and there was some disagreement as to weather you can or can't get out by going forward on deck 4, so I tried it. I had thought all the Vista's would be the same, but since a number of people say they have gotten out ther on the Zuiderdam, I have to believe them and assume their doors aren't marked crew only, or the brave souls go through them anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

On the Oosterdam I had no problem walking out onto the "Forecastle Deck"-the very front of the ship. On all vista-class ships, you can just walk forward on Deck 4(Upper Promenade) and you can go out without a problem.

Archived