Re: birth certificate and another ?

... birth certificate (with the raised seal from the Vital Statistics place). Still looking for my husband's, though.

I have a Sail & Sign card question. Call us crazy, but we never have and don't plan on having credit cards at all (because we choose to remain debt-free; we even paid for our house in cash - with a receipt, of course, which is kept in a VERY, VERY safe place). Anyway, how does that S&S card work when you just have cash and cashier's checks? Does it work this way: You pay a $250 "deposit" per card to the purser, the balance on the S&S card starts at $0 and works its way up as we spend, and say we spend $200 each by the end of the trip: Do we get the $50 back that we didn't spend? If we spend over $250, do we then pay the extra that's due at the end of the cruise? I know it would be less complicated if one had a credit card, but I've seen so-called "responsible" people I know personally be forever in debt because they went overboard (pardon the pun) on credit cards.

(Excuse my grammar; I'm only half-way awake.)

Have you got a debit card? That's what I use, and it works just fine.

I wouldn't use a cashier's check for this purpose. What happens if you lose it? It would be just like losing cash.

I agree. I use only a checking account debit card for everything that involves cruising. I don't happen to have a daily limit for withdrawals, but some do. I book the cruise with it, pay off the balance with it, and they swipe it when boarding. I never have to go to the purser's desk to settle up....all taken care of.:)

Easiest thing - just get a debit card.

Archived