Celebrity Reflection - March 9, 2013 - Eastern Caribbean

RandomBaritone

Hiya! First-time cruiser here, setting sail on the Celebrity Reflection with my fiancé for the March 9-16, 2013 Eastern Caribbean sailing. (I hope I got the search function right and this isn't a duplicate post.)

We're both in our 30s and hoping there'll be other friendly gays on board. We're trying to coerce our two best friends from Boston to join us as well, though that's still up in the air. But there'll be at least two of us!

I'm also wondering if I'll feel stir-crazy after a day or two ... Kevin's a big spa buff, so I know he'll love the spa, but I'd love suggestions as to how I should spend my time. :^>

Hope to hear back!

Cheers,

Eric + Kevin

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

My partner & I will be on this cruise as well - just finalized our booking last week. It's our second cruise and our first on Celebrity.

Before our first cruise we wondered about going stir-crazy as well but we found that there was plenty to do but this will be our first cruise with sea days. There's a post on the general Celebrity board with all of the daily newsletters from one of Reflection's December sailings (12/15 I think) if you're interested in checking that out.

Hope to see you on board!

Barry & Bryan

Cool, looking forward to meeting you both! I'm Eric, and my fiancé is Kevin. And it also turns out Greg & Tim, our best friends from Boston, can make it as well.

We're all 30something, so from what I've heard we'll lower the average age onboard by a few years. :^>

Excellent, we're looking forward to it. Great that your friends are able to make it as well. I've heard so many different things about the average age on Celebrity cruises so it will be interesting to see how this one is. I'm (Barry) 54 and my partner Bryan is 27 so I guess if you average us out :-).

BTW - congrats on your engagement!

• 1 month later...

Nice to see other GLBT on this cruise- my partner and I (also in late 30's) will be sailing on the Reflection 03/9/13. We're all in for a treat - this ship looks and sounds amazing, and based on past celebrity experiences (summit and equinox) I know it will be a great experience! See you around!

• 2 weeks later...

Joe and David here (now San Fran but Miami as of a few months ago--ages 47/49).

You won't go stir crazy on the ship. There is always much to do. While the bars won't packed at 2 am, you can always find something going on at night---usually the martini bar.

I am also a spa fanatic but don't usually go to ships spas much anymore as most (including X) don't have male therapists any longer. However, I recommend a treatment called Polstice. I had it done when we were on Solstice and I highly recommend it. I didn't think it would be enough pressure but I was pleasantly surprised.

FOD meetings are usually around 5-7. It won't be listed on the Daily but there is a community board by Guest Services that will list the meeting place/time.

Feel free to ask any questions--I'm happy to answer.

Joe

My daughter, who just turned 21, and myself (a young 50ish :) ) will be on this cruise. We are flying into FLL from LAX super early morning on 9th. I'm thinking a shuttle will be best to get us to the port at Miami? Any suggestions? Looking for some inexpensive things to do in all those glorious island stops. Has anyone done the bioluminescent kayak tour in San Juan? Sounds like that could be fun. Look forward to meeting you all. Jane, Laguna Hills, CA

Can't wait to meet everyone! So it sounds as if the Guest Services board is the place where the GLBT -- listed as FOD -- meeting will be announced? Not in the printed newsletter?

Will the meetup be the evening of embarkation day, or is that reserved for more mundane things like lifeboat drills? Or are there multiple meetups?

Just wanted to say again how excited we are to meet everyone! So by my count, as far as first names go, we have confirmed:

Eric & Kevin (that's us)

Greg & Tim (our friends from Boston)

Barry & Bryan

Joe & David

Anyone else just finding this GLBT thread for the Reflection's embarkation in 48 hours, let us know....

Cheers,

Eric.

P.S. Forgive me if I left anyone out! I got the sense that some folks mistook this thread for the general roll call, though.

Hi Guys,

John and Steven here from Key West.

We JUST booked this cruise tonight (talk about a last minute) decision! :)

We sailed on the Solstice when it was brand new years ago and are so looking forward to sailing on the last of this class.

We are both in our early 50's but we like to think we look and act a lot younger :)

I have an idea. Anyone interested in meeting for a sail away get together immediately after the muster drill? We could pick a bar (perhaps the Sunset Bar on the Lawn Club) and have a sailaway toast.

Feel free to email me at johnkeywest@hotmail.com.

Cheers!

Good for you! Did you by chance book an Aqua Suite? They're $1,000 cheaper (!) for a couple now than they were when we booked last year. Oh well, we're delighted with the cabin we chose, so all's well that ends well.

The sailaway drink sounds delightful. What time generally is the muster drill?

Hi,

No, we booked the very last basic balcony cabin - the price was just too good to pass up. We don't even know our stateroom # yet, it's a "guarantee" which means we get at least that if not higher. I'm sure we'll get the basic balcony which is fine with me, especially for what we paid.

The muster drill procedure varies from cruise line to cruise line. However, the one thing they all have in common is that it must be completed prior to leaving the dock. So, it's usually about an hour before sailaway.

So, let's plan on meeting at the aft Sunset Bar shortly after the muster drill is over for a meet and greet!!!

Looking forward to meeting you.

John

Hi, Brad, my partner and I, Jeff, are going to be on this cruise. We are really looking forward to the ship as the destination, enjoying some much needed R&R. Can’t wait to dine in Qsine, and hang out in the adult pool area. We will keep our eyes open for the FOD get together, see ya there.

Hi Brad & Jeff,

Cool to meet you on here! Kevin and I are onboard our redeye to Miami as I type this. :)

Some of us in this thread are planning to meet at the aft Sunset Bar on the day of embarkation shortly after the muster drill is over, so if that's something you're interested in, that'd be delightful.

Cheers,

(Eric + Kevin) + (Greg + Tim)

Well, we met Barry & Bryan at the sailaway event, but no one else! Rats.

We'd love to socialize with any other couples onboard, so if you don't have shipboard Internet, please just feel free to leave us a phone message. We're in cabin 2157. :)

Archived