Chrissandra's Carnival Breeze US Inaugural B2B Review (11-22 thru 12-2)

Anung Un Rama

The walk to the floating bridge was only about 7 minutes, probably not even a half mile from the ship. A lot of the same old shops just with Curacao on the front of shirts. Seriously, does every port need 5 Diamond International stores?

P1020277.jpg

P1020279.jpg

P1020280.jpg

P1020281.jpg

We got to see them swing the bridge open to allow a boat through.

P1020283.jpg

P1020284.jpg

The food was incredible and there was way too much of it.

The first course

Potato Croquette and a little Tomato based soup (not on menu)

P1020339.jpg

P1020338.jpg

For the appetizer, I had the Baked Onion Soup and Cass had the New England Crab Cake

P1020340.jpg

P1020342.jpg

And we both had the Caesar Salad

P1020343.jpg

For the Main Course, she had the Spice Rubbed Prime Rib-Eye Steak and I had the Filet (neither of us could finish).

P1020346.jpg

P1020344.jpg

We ran into both Ioana and Sylvia from the Piano Bar on our way there and they both mentioned how much they loved the cheesecake. So we split the chocolate sampler which was delicious and Edina gave us two pieces of cheesecake to take to the best bartenders ever!

P1020348.jpg

All of the staff was great but we absolutely loved our main waitress, Edina. She was by far the best we’ve had on any cruise.

After that gut bomb we both wanted to walk around a bit and since we still had a few hours before we sailed we figured we could get off the ship and check out the town at night. We first ran into some friends who got a picture of us.

P1020352.jpg

Back in the room we had a little surprise from the Steakhouse

P1020356.jpg

Also our VIFP pins and information for the VIFP party.

P1020353.jpg

Rubbit EVERYWHERE! (homage to Ron Pass' Old McDonald)

P1020354.jpg

still loving the review !

who took care of your kitties ?

Thanks! We have a family friend that comes over every few days to top off the buffet of water and food, and clean the boxes. :)

Thanks VERY much for the great review and the pictures! Sailing on Breeze in April and now I REALLY can't wait!

Thank you!

We changed into more comfortable clothes so we could walk around the port at night. It was still pretty warm and the main area was packed.

P1020364.jpg

P1020372.jpg

P1020371.jpg

P1020381.jpg

We were both exhausted so we headed back to the ship.

P1020384.jpg

We heard rumors that there was more than one full moon this night but being so tired we missed out on those shenanigans. The next morning was going to come early as we needed to meet off the ship by 8 so we called it an early night and watched a Harry Potter movie that was on tv. I took the time to catch up on my notes.

Excellent review, we are doing the same itinerary next year. Too bad you missed La Romana.

Thank you! I keep telling Cass that we're just going to have to book another cruise that goes there :D

Yay... it's almost time for the day we actually got to hang out!! :-)

Hey Femmy!!! I'm working on it. Trying to type up Aruba now but there's no way I'll finish before football starts :o. Hoping to finish before your pictures put ours to shame :p

Thank you! I keep telling Cass that we're just going to have to book another cruise that goes there :D

Hey Femmy!!! I'm working on it. Trying to type up Aruba now but there's no way I'll finish before football starts :o. Hoping to finish before your pictures put ours to shame :p

I didn't take any pictures. I don't know what you're talking about.... :confused:

I've been following your review and thoroughly enjoying it. :D We did the same itinerary in February on the Freedom with large group also and had a great time. I recognize a few faces in your photos of people that we've cruised with before (Floatie, Dave and Linda) and some others from Facebook since we are also on the Victory B2B cruise with you in October 2013. Based on your review, I think you'll fit in just fine with everyone. :D Looking forward to meeting both of you!

Chris & Cass, so enjoying your review (as always!) and very happy we finally got to sail with you guys! Really looking forward to see what you do with Aruba...gonna be hard to keep that one G-rated for sure!:eek::p Hope you found that you liked cruising with a big group...it definitely adds a whole new dimension to the cruise experience!:D Just think, we can do this whole crazy thing again in October!

I've been following your review and thoroughly enjoying it. We did the same itinerary in February on the Freedom with large group also and had a great time. I recognize a few faces in your photos of people that we've cruised with before (Floatie, Dave and Linda) and some others from Facebook since we are also on the Victory B2B cruise with you in October 2013. Based on your review, I think you'll fit in just fine with everyone. :D Looking forward to meeting both of you!

Hiya, Rick! Yes, Chris and Cass will fit in just fine:) Looking forward to finally sailing with you and Laurie and everyone else again in October!:D

I didn't take any pictures. I don't know what you're talking about.... :confused:

Oh gee I dunno just all those amazing photos your reviews are filled with :p;) Love ya girl!

I've been following your review and thoroughly enjoying it. :D We did the same itinerary in February on the Freedom with large group also and had a great time. I recognize a few faces in your photos of people that we've cruised with before (Floatie, Dave and Linda) and some others from Facebook since we are also on the Victory B2B cruise with you in October 2013. Based on your review, I think you'll fit in just fine with everyone. :D Looking forward to meeting both of you!

Hi Rick! I'm glad you're enjoying it - this is the first time we've sailed with a larger group (that we didn't even know yet met face to face) but felt like we knew everyone after a year of "getting to know you" though our roll calls... I admit I was a little apprehensive because I am shy around people I don't know well (which is taken as standoffish in real life) which the internet buffs, but hell... alcohol cures all LOL. It was great, we met a lot of wonderful people, and I'm sure we'll have a blast on the Victory!