Chrissandra's Carnival Breeze US Inaugural B2B Review (11-22 thru 12-2)

Anung Un Rama

Excellent review! Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us. I'm still learning all I can about Carnival ships as I am taking my first Carnival cruise next May. After reading your review I am going to seriously consider the Breeze for a future cruise. Thanks again and Happy Cruising! Harold. :)

Hi Harold! I'm so glad you enjoyed our review - and if you're thinking of a first time sailing with Carnival, I don't have much to offer in way of experience with multiple ships in the fleet, but the Breeze was lovely, if with some flaws. I think it all lies in your perspective! Every sailing on any ship on any cruise line will never be 100% perfect - but if you want to have a good time and a good vacation, then don't let the little things get to you :) I'd recommend the Breeze to anyone in a heartbeat!

We should meet at the Aft/Bow and raise our glasses. Depending on which ship is where :D. Name a time.

hehe!! Unfortunately, we may be doing sail-away from our Aft Balcony :D A bottle of bubbly or 2 and some alone time with my Husband (awwwww) is what I plan on that first day! ;):p

hehe!! Unfortunately, we may be doing sail-away from our Aft Balcony :D A bottle of bubbly or 2 and some alone time with my Husband (awwwww) is what I plan on that first day! ;):p

Thats cool I can understand that, have a great cruise. But if the Breeze is behind the Liberty I will look for your Aft Balcony and raise my glass ;).

Cassandra and Chris, thank you for taking us on your cruise with you. We get to try the Breeze out in January. Can't wait!!!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. When is the date? I know you are going on your Honeymoon cruise April 13. Our anniversary is April 10 and we will be on the Legend TA to celebrate. Will be thinking of you as you start your martial journey together on the Liberty. Can I ask a favor of you? When you start your review ( and I know you will do one.....lol ), can you add the link to it on this thread? After the TA, we will be spending a few weeks in Europe so may miss your review. As I am subscribed to this one, I would then get the email and will be able to enjoy your review when I get home. Thank you!

All the best!!:D

Hi Harold! I'm so glad you enjoyed our review - and if you're thinking of a first time sailing with Carnival, I don't have much to offer in way of experience with multiple ships in the fleet, but the Breeze was lovely, if with some flaws. I think it all lies in your perspective! Every sailing on any ship on any cruise line will never be 100% perfect - but if you want to have a good time and a good vacation, then don't let the little things get to you :) I'd recommend the Breeze to anyone in a heartbeat!

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll be on the Glory in May out of Norfolk for my first Carnival experience. I'm planning on a great cruise with a group of friends. I think I have a great cabin (an Aft Wrap on Deck 7) so I know it will be a great sailaway for sure. I will put a cruise on the Breeze on m to do list too. :)

Cassandra and Chris, thank you for taking us on your cruise with you. We get to try the Breeze out in January. Can't wait!!!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. When is the date? I know you are going on your Honeymoon cruise April 13. Our anniversary is April 10 and we will be on the Legend TA to celebrate. Will be thinking of you as you start your martial journey together on the Liberty. Can I ask a favor of you? When you start your review ( and I know you will do one.....lol ), can you add the link to it on this thread? After the TA, we will be spending a few weeks in Europe so may miss your review. As I am subscribed to this one, I would then get the email and will be able to enjoy your review when I get home. Thank you!

All the best!!:D

I'm sorry, I thought Cass had responded to this. Don't worry, we'll have the link in our signature as soon as it gets started so all you'll have to do is find any post of ours. Enjoy your TA!!!

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll be on the Glory in May out of Norfolk for my first Carnival experience. I'm planning on a great cruise with a group of friends. I think I have a great cabin (an Aft Wrap on Deck 7) so I know it will be a great sailaway for sure. I will put a cruise on the Breeze on m to do list too. :)

Ummm, yeah, you got a pretty nice cabin there :D. I'd love to do a wrap but I would never leave my cabin :o

Cassandra and Chris,

Thank you for the great review. Thinking I now need to book the Breeze:D

Congrats on your upcoming wedding too!!!!

Thanks! It's a great ship and by far our favorite as far as decor goes. We never really had an issue in getting to know the ship. It's layed out very well.

Thanks so much for the AWESOME review! You guys are ADORABLE and femme's picture of you two is AMAZING! :)

Thank you :o. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of Femmy's review but I know how swamped she is so it'll take her some time. I have no doubt it'll be worth the wait.

Thanks for the great review and pictures! We were on the Breeze past week and your pictures made me feel like I was still there!

I'm working on my review now and should have the beginning of it posted later today or tomorrow. Our experience was similar to yours and a lot of the same people stood out to us, too.

Thanks for the great review and pictures! We were on the Breeze past week and your pictures made me feel like I was still there!

I'm working on my review now and should have the beginning of it posted later today or tomorrow. Our experience was similar to yours and a lot of the same people stood out to us, too.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it and I'll look for yours! I'd love to go on that itinerary... we were actually looking to sail on the 1/19/13 sailing, but just can't swing it with vacation time. I'll be nice to read another perspective, and see your thoughts on some of our same stand-outs :D:D

We love Pride too, but always choose the last week they do GT and HMC, our favorite ports. It's also late September when the kids are back in school. Let me know if you ever need a ride to Port of Baltimore, it's not out of the way at all!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all!

With holiday parties, preparations and families in town now over, I FINALLY got to finish reading your review. It was just wonderful. I strive to one day join y'all on a cruise (and maybe I'll drag Aunt Linda along (see the partial Radiance review). She'd love to party with y'all!)

Anyway, thanks again for the review. I have Oasis next July and am hoping for that raise at work to afford a Carnival cruise in the Spring (I'm jonesing for the water). I hope your holidays were wonderful and have the happiest of New Years!

D

Hey y'all!

With holiday parties, preparations and families in town now over, I FINALLY got to finish reading your review. It was just wonderful. I strive to one day join y'all on a cruise (and maybe I'll drag Aunt Linda along (see the partial Radiance review). She'd love to party with y'all!)

Anyway, thanks again for the review. I have Oasis next July and am hoping for that raise at work to afford a Carnival cruise in the Spring (I'm jonesing for the water). I hope your holidays were wonderful and have the happiest of New Years!

D

I'm pretty sure we're going to do a Pride cruise in 2014 to see the upgrades. I think we're just going to wait to see if there are any other big group cruises, like BC7, first.

And one other thing I forgot to mention, they did NOT do 'The Quest' on this cruise. A lot of us kept looking for it in the Fun Times. I'd be interested to know why that was not a late night activity.

awesome we are in northern va and going on the breeze in may cant wait.....and we are going to take another one in october to make our 10th cruise in time for platnuim.....actually have thought about the pride in oct 2013 how is that cruise outta baltimore in october ever done it around that time???

nevermind just red back some and did research haha....im to lazy to go through all 21 something pages.....thats awesome we did cove on the dream room 2298 was awesome.....but had the life boats above hoping that you are correct the about life boats NOT being above 2298 on the breeze as what we are in on the may cruise

awesome we are in northern va and going on the breeze in may cant wait.....and we are going to take another one in october to make our 10th cruise in time for platnuim.....actually have thought about the pride in oct 2013 how is that cruise outta baltimore in october ever done it around that time???

Well I was going to post that our first review was on the Pride in late September but it looks like you're good :D. We actually will not be going on the Pride in 2013. Going to wait and hold out for the 2.0 upgrades that are supposed to happen in early 2014.

Hey y'all!

D

Thank you! I would love to sail with you sometime in the future too! Hope you had a good holiday and a have a great New Years as well :D

Thank you so much, Chris and Cassandra, for such a fun and entertaining review. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it. You have only added to my excitement over my upcoming cruise on the Breeze.

Now, if I can only get through ItalianFemmy's review!

Thank you! Glad we could help with your excitement! Yep Femmy's is worth waiting for :D

We headed to the shops and noticed people carrying what looked like boxes of liquor. When we got there an employee gave us a flier and told us that we could buy and take liquor back to the room tonight :eek:! Um, yes please! So we each got two bottles of our staple liquor (Captain Morgan

is this something new?

We headed to the shops and noticed people carrying what looked like boxes of liquor. When we got there an employee gave us a flier and told us that we could buy and take liquor back to the room tonight :eek:! Um, yes please! So we each got two bottles of our staple liquor

is this something new?

It was just for the little 2-day to Nassau and back... the 8-day trip that followed was back to the regular policy of not allowing you to have it till the end of the cruse. Not sure if it was something special due to the 2-dayer being a lot of folks in the travel industry or not.

A month later and I'm just getting around to reading this. Awesome job with the review and it was great meeting both of you. I agree about the lack of the sports bar. i'm thinking Carnival had the idea of making the E.A. sports area on deck 11 a night time sports bar but the idea just never panned out. They have a big screen TV there but I never saw it on unless it just wasn't working and it's something they might do in the future ?

Rob "bananaman"

A month later and I'm just getting around to reading this. Awesome job with the review and it was great meeting both of you. I agree about the lack of the sports bar. i'm thinking Carnival had the idea of making the E.A. sports area on deck 11 a night time sports bar but the idea just never panned out. They have a big screen TV there but I never saw it on unless it just wasn't working and it's something they might do in the future ?

Rob "bananaman"

ROB! Our one and only bananaman :D Can't wait to sail with you again sir. Yeah I saw there was a little outdoor bar area up there but didn't seem to do much business other than offer pitchers of water and cups to people that needed H20 while playing mini-golf... Interesting idea though..

Chris and Cassandra - this was a fantastic review and very enjoyable to read. I was on the Magic last March and love the bigger ships. We are going on the Breeze 4/27/13 so I really enjoyed your port of call pics. Best wishes on your upcoming wedding! We are also booked on the Sunshine 4/6/14 - it will have a pool on Serenity Deck and we are looking forward to that :)

Barb

Chris and Cass.....thank you for your informative review, we will be on the Breeze in 9 short days. I do have 2 questions.....about how far of a walk was it from the ship to the conch shell graveyard on Grand Turk? And did you have any problems getting the shell home?

Chris and Cassandra - this was a fantastic review and very enjoyable to read. I was on the Magic last March and love the bigger ships. We are going on the Breeze 4/27/13 so I really enjoyed your port of call pics. Best wishes on your upcoming wedding! We are also booked on the Sunshine 4/6/14 - it will have a pool on Serenity Deck and we are looking forward to that :)

Barb

Thank you so much for the well wishes - we are finalizing stuff now for the wedding it'll be here before we know it! I hope you have a fantastic trip in April! We are eyeing the Sunshine for a New Year's Eve cruise for the end of this year, but it'll depend on many things... that Serenity area with the pool and waterfall does look amazing though!!

Chris and Cass.....thank you for your informative review, we will be on the Breeze in 9 short days. I do have 2 questions.....about how far of a walk was it from the ship to the conch shell graveyard on Grand Turk? And did you have any problems getting the shell home?

Hi there! The walk to the conch graveyard isn't far at all... head through the shop at the end of the dock and go right... you'll see beachy area, and keep going right till you see a fence that goes all the way down to the beach. Go out on the beach and around the fence and it's just down a little ways.

We tried to clean the sand out of it in the ocean, and then again in the cabin shower as best we could. To transport home, I had it wrapped in an old t-shirt and in my carry-on bag (a small-sized suitcase) and it did fine - no problems with security. The only issue I had was the trip must have dislodged the rest of the sand because when I went to unwrap it at home - sand everywhere! But it's got a safe home now on our "cruise shelf" with our coconut monkey heads, ships on sticks, and pictures :D Good Luck!