Musical Entertainment on the Maasdam

MBMGWM

We've read the recent thread regarding the Adagio Strings with interest. My wife & I are on the upcoming 14-day Holiday Caribbean cruise that's leaving in a couple of weeks on the Maasdam, and we're wondering what other musical entertainment is currently playing on that ship. I know it's too much to hope for for any kind of rock or country band, but is there at least a folky guitarist or duo? Blues? Jazz?

Alternatively, is there a website that sets out such info, whether just for Holland or for all the major cruise ships? I'd be happy to dig out the info myself if there's a place that sets out musical entertainment info.

Thanks,

Garry

I know it's too much to hope for for any kind of rock or country band, but is there at least a folky guitarist or duo? Blues? Jazz?
Its funny you mention this. Several years back on Zuiderdam, Joel Mason, the Elton John guy, was performing in the main show lounge. He was good, very entertaining. He announced during his show that he, his band and some of the other musicians on the ship were going to be in the Crows Nest the following night for an impromptu "Jam Session". We went to see it, it was good, no it was great, lots of contemporary music, some rock, some blues, some country, even some alternative thrown in. And, OMG, they were even loud. But, you know what? The place was packed, and I mean JAMMED PACKED, standing room only. We and everyone around us had a great time. I have never seen the Crows Nest even close to this crowded before or since and everyone was buying drinks and having fun like it was their last day on earth. It was brilliant! I have never seen anything like that on a HAL ship since and I cannot help but wonder why. :confused:

Its funny you mention this. Several years back on Zuiderdam, Joel Mason, the Elton John guy, was performing in the main show lounge. He was good, very entertaining. He announced during his show that he, his band and some of the other musicians on the ship were going to be in the Crows Nest the following night for an impromptu "Jam Session". We went to see it, it was good, no it was great, lots of contemporary music, some rock, some blues, some country, even some alternative thrown in. And, OMG, they were even loud. But, you know what? The place was packed, and I mean JAMMED PACKED, standing room only. We and everyone around us had a great time. I have never seen the Crows Nest even close to this crowded before or since and everyone was buying drinks and having fun like it was their last day on earth. It was brilliant! I have never seen anything like that on a HAL ship since and I cannot help but wonder why. :confused:

Ditto on our last cruise (different line). The ship did a mid-day country/country-rock music & line-dancing show in the atrium, and it was mobbed with folks (on multiple decks) trying to learn the line dances, as well as onlookers/listeners. Drinks were flying from the bar we sat near, and everyone seemed to be having a great time. There should be a small rock/country/blues club on every ship (imho, of course!).

There was a folksy guitarist on the Maasdam named 'Brandi' I think it was. Did not seem to have a large following. The 'Halcats' were VERY talented and seemed to incorporate many types of music. They also had a vocalist named 'Kaylee' who was quite good, and did the country thingy.

Not sure about a website which features schedules of entertainment...

There isn't any website that lists what entertainment will be on the various ships for the cruise lines.

One time on the Maasdam we had a guitarist that sang as loud as he could -- only a couple of people were there listeing to him. Last spring the guitarist was better -- but not a lot of people there. He plays in the MIX usually from 4 PM until 9 PM when the piano man starts in aother section of the MIX.

Archived