Will Baltimore Upgrade Terminal In 2005 To Get Back The Cruise Ships????

We and our friends are interested in leaving for cruises out of Baltimore again, it is so much closer to home. We loved cruising from there and not having to fly to other cities; Baltimore is so convenient.

I heard that the cruise ship companies pulled out of Baltimore for 2005 because the terminal was not upgraded to resemble a cruise ship atmosphere.

I read a reply from a lady by the name of Tonyo, (she said she worked at the Port of Baltimore), and she stated that Maryland was going to fix up the terminal.

If anyone has any indication of changes for next year, a reply would be appreciated.

Doug,

I know that RCCL is still leaving out of Baltimore, but in 2004, Celebrity, Carnival, and a few others used the port. This year, I believe it is RCCL and maybe one more that uses Baltimore; most of the lines are leaving out of Norfolk or Philadelphia.

Tonyo is a male . Yes I do work at the Port of Baltimore.

You may have seen a few post from my wife who uses my screen name but signs it under hers.

The state is refurbishing an old cargo shed at South side Locust Point to accomodate Crusie ships that will be ready in 2006.

This location is better thna Dundalk since there is no cargo traffic and it's right off of Interstate 95.

here is a link to the press release concerning South Side

http://www.mpa.state.md.us/cruises/cruiseship_release.pdf

The only cruisesthat I know of out of Baltimore will be Royal Caribbean.

Royal Caribbean has committed to sailing out of Baltimore through the 2007 season. The 2006 season has the same itineraries as 2005, that is alternating 5 night to Bermuda and 9 night to the Caribbean. Tonyo is correct. RCI will be sailing out of the Locust Point location next year. Some 3 million is being put into upgrading the Locust Point location. I've seen the blue prints for Locust Point, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the improvements.

Tonyo, I would like to apologize for getting your gender wrong. Thanks for all the great information to my questions.

Will look forward to the new upgrades to the port and sailing out closer to home!!!!!!!

As I posted on another thread I would like to post here as well. If you are leaving out of Dundlak Marine Terminal,starting June 13,2005 a new security procedure will take effect.

Everyone who will enter Dundalk or other MPA Terminals must have a picture ID to enter or you will be denied entry.

Here is a link to the security alert: http://www.mpa.state.md.us/opsalert/SecurityAlert5-23-05.pdf

Tonyo, my children are 9 & 6 years old they do not have a picture ID, what should we bring?

DBSailor

I am not really sure you may want to e-mail the MPA and ask.

Here is a listing I found for Melvin Jackson:

Melvin Jackson

Security Manager

MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

Maryland Port Administration - Executive Office

Planning & Business Development

Strategic Planning

World Trade Center

401 E Pratt St

Baltimore, MD 21202

410-385-4450

Archived