Cape Liberty, Bayonne , NJ hotels

You may have to arrange for a cab, car or car service. The closest are near Newark Airport.

I suggest (by prior stays I made, or sight inspections) The Country Inn & suites, Residence Inn, Courtyard or Extended stay america. All are listed under Elizabeth near the Jersey Gardens mall. Look for Glimcher Realty Way in the address.

These are among the easiest to get in and out of.......the properties on Routes 1 & 9 can be a pain because the traffic is bad.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Consider the hotels in the Newport financial center section of Jersey City..(yes, Jersey City!!) It is only a few miles away from the port and airport, and has several good restaurants and promenades by the waterside...it is very nice, nearly brand new, and has direct views of the NYC skyline..

Hyatt Regency, Doubletree, Courtyard by Marriott are all offerred on Priceline, BTW, as 3/2.5 star properties.

We too have booked into the Best Western, NJ from the

Park-Sleep-Cruise (link provided above by JONSMOM).

It seems like a great deal, I guess we'll see. Last cruise

we parked at the port (Baltimore) and paid $110 U.S. for

that privilege. NOT this time!!!

I got the Hilton at Newark through Priceline for $55.00, put in Elizabeth as my area choice and 2.5 star, Hilton is 3 star. Another poster also got Hilton this way. I don't know anything about this particular hotel or location though, but since we're driving, doesn't matter to us.

Jersey city is ok if you aren't parking a car.....i understand parking is a PITA at best, and very expensive. You'd probably save money by getting a park n fly rate or talking with a property directly to see if you can leave the car in their lot.

The Best Western is OK. I looked at it a couple years ago as a possibility for a pre-flight stay. I wasn't impressed. If you just want to lay your head it will probably be OK. I just think some of the other places are a little nicer and not quite as worn.

Thanks for the info - How far is the Embassy Suites in Secaucus, NJ from the port? Would that be a viable option?

Thanks

Embassy Suites in Secaucus is very close, maybe 15-20 minutes. I would stay in Secaucus instead of Newark.

depends on where you're planning on staying in Newark...

If you're looking at the Airport hotels... I'd stay at the Airport Marriott....

I'm not sure I'd stay at the Gateway Marriott... the parking is secure... but... after 8PM... I wouldn't travel outside... ;)

Another quicky to the terminal... Staten Island Hilton (Garden Hilton, I think)

That's about 10 minutes from the terminal over the bayonne bridge.

We are going on VOS 8/12, and staying at the Hilton Newark Airport the night before. We are coming in from AZ and taking advantage of the free shuttle from the airport. We needed someplace with dining on site and wanted a three star (Having had a horrible experience one time with a 2 star hotel). The Hilton had good reviews.

Has anyone else stayed there?

[the Hilton Newark Airport. The Hilton had good reviews.

I will be there 6/11 and will try and remember to let you know how it is when I return. I would hope that being a Hilton, it will be nice.

Debbie

Mergle55

Which Courtyard? We will be sailing out of Bayonne later this year, need to fly in a day early and would like a hotel with shuttle service to the port, if available. Are there any others? Thx. Marilyn

We stayed at the courtyard near the airport. i do not remember if they had a shuttle to the port we had a group of 5 and just called a car service. however i do no they have a shuttle to and from the airport

THere are a whole bunch of hotels (some brand new) in the Seacus Area. It is only about a 15 min ride from Seacaus to Bayonne. There is a new Hampton Inn there, Embassy Suites, and a Holiday Inn that I remember off the top of my head. Hope that helps you!

• 2 weeks later...
We are going on VOS 8/12, and staying at the Hilton Newark Airport the night before. We are coming in from AZ and taking advantage of the free shuttle from the airport. We needed someplace with dining on site and wanted a three star (Having had a horrible experience one time with a 2 star hotel). The Hilton had good reviews.

We were there 6/11 and it was very nice. We ate lunch in the restaurant before leaving for the ship and it was also very good. The rooms are very nice and beds comfortable. We were pleased with the hotel. I can't speak for shuttle service as we drove. I would leave early for the ship as traffic was a nightmare! The pier is not that far from the hotel but it took us almost 2 hours to get there because of traffic and construction, which you never know about ahead of time. Have a great trip!!

Debbie

Archived