Is soot common on aft balcony and did I get a good upgrade price?

8esther8

Was offered an upgrade on the Legend's New Years Eve cruise Dec 30th from OV #1172 to Aft Balcony #5299, for $362 total cost (not per day), $120. per person. Should I be happy with the price? And how common is the soot issue? Just wipe it down and shut up, right?;)

Was offered an upgrade on the Legend's New Years Eve cruise Dec 30th from OV #1172 to Aft Balcony #5299, for $362 total cost (not per day), $120. per person. Should I be happy with the price? And how common is the soot issue? Just wipe it down and shut up, right?;)

Out of the 7 aft wrap balconies that I have sailed in maybe once or twice.. never a deal breaker tho... just be aware and bring a towel out with you and wipe the chairs off or sit on the towel...;)

had soot on our Pride trip last Nov, 6262. Found out the hard way when my light colored shorts had black poka dots on them when I got up. Wipe down the chair before you sit just in case

We had the same problem on the Crown Princess with our aft balcony. I think it varies widely based on ship, wind, weather etc. once you know the problem exists its not a big deal. We just made sure to keep a bathroom towel out there to wipe off the chairs with before we sat down. It was a great balcony and I wouldn't hesitate to book another!

On our recent Miracle cruise in the Serenity area there was soot everywhere, it wasn't just an easy wipe down and done as it kept blowing around and landing. I wasn't sure if it was coming from our ship or the one next to us but it got to be too much.

All depends on the wind at port. Docked was the only time we got it on 3 different cruises. Call to have it cleaned RIGHT NOW or you will have it in the cabin real quick, what a mess, The cabin stewart came and cleaned it right away also had to clean the carpet at the door area. Thats cruise life love those corner and aft cabins. Look at it close and its little balls of soot,

That's a GREAT deal! Congrats!

I paid $450 to upgrade to aft from OV on a 5 day spring break cruise. You did swell!

I've had aft balconies on the Freedom and Destiny. No soot.

Happy New Year!!!!!

Peg

Archived