Is Paradise Beach Wristband now $8?

cali-croozer

Tom, Please don't be offended at me asking, but there are 5 in our family. Do all 5 people pay 8 dollars each or is it just the kids who use the toys? Not trying to short you or imply anything so please don't take it this way. Just trying to figure how much we will spend?:confused: Thanks Tom!;)

Entrance, beach chairs and umbrellas are free to use. It's just if you want to use any or all of the watertoys that you need to buy a bracelet.

Also, if your children are too small/young to handle a kayak, we do allow an adult to take them out without a bracelet...it's only fair!

P.S.- no offense taken :)!

The website is paradise-beach-cozumel.net. I haven't been there yet, but plan to go on our cruise in July. You take a cab and, yes, they do serve food and drink. I've heard great things about the nachoes and margaritas!

I am not surprised that Paradise Beach is raising their rates...we were there on a Glory cruise 4/9 and absolutely loved it but couldn't believe the number of people not spending one cent which of course is one's own personal choice. The facilities are spotless and the view spectacular and I guess I feel that if you go there and use the facilities for free you can at least purchase something even if it some soda, drinks, water etc but again, this is just my own personal opinion. We were not planning on staying for lunch but once we got there, didn't want to leave. The food is outstanding and very reasonably priced. You can order right from your chair and the portions are excellent. My DH and I split a lunch as well as nachos and guacamole.

Is this the SAME Paradise beach that a few years ago was pretty much private and open only to cruisers ?? We did an excursion there a few years ago that was about $40 p/p which incl OPEN BAR/FOOD AND USE OF BEACH AS WELL AS TRANSPORT THERE. We had an incredible time and the guide was so funny ( forgot his name ) Just wondering if this is the same beach ~ as we will be back in Cozumel in August

Question for Tom or anyone who has been there.....

I noticed when reading another review that they ask you for the $5 ($8 when we will be there) once you walk into the entrance. Do you have to pay this up front?

I know when we went to Playa Sol a few years back, I just swam out into the ocean and floated along the ropes that divided the swim area. I don't know if PB is like this, but that was perfect for me.

Now, I'm not saying that I won't want a float or to use the trampoline, but I was just wondering if I have to pay up front before even using these things?

TIA

Question for Tom or anyone who has been there.....

I noticed when reading another review that they ask you for the $5 ($8 when we will be there) once you walk into the entrance. Do you have to pay this up front?

I know when we went to Playa Sol a few years back, I just swam out into the ocean and floated along the ropes that divided the swim area. I don't know if PB is like this, but that was perfect for me.

Now, I'm not saying that I won't want a float or to use the trampoline, but I was just wondering if I have to pay up front before even using these things?

TIA

I remember seeing that too. Since there isn't an admission charge, you should be able to walk around, check it out, and then pay for the wristband, if you are going to use the equipment. I also remember a post from a mom who bought the wristband for her kids, only to find out later that it was too windy for the trampoline and iceberg to be out, which really was important to her kids. If asked to purchase it when you first get there, I think you can just say, "thank you, but we're going to look around first". This is what we plan on doing.

Does anyone else agree or am I wrong in thinking that?

It's perfectly fine to wander into Paradise Beach and pay for your wristband when you decide you're going to use a floating mat or climb the iceberg. Just go back to the entrance to get your wristband. The waiters may also have them and can add the cost to your tab. I know they used to, but they may have discontinued doing it that way.

Tom is on vacation, so I'll do my best to answer any PB questions.

:) I was just there on Monday. It did cost 8.00, but i didn't pay, because i was not using their stuff. The food was wonderful. they treat the water, and had no trouble with it. They arranged for us to Para sail, and use Jet skis cost extra Loved it there. Even if the storm was coming. Taxi was 14.00 dollars.:)

It's perfectly fine to wander into Paradise Beach and pay for your wristband when you decide you're going to use a floating mat or climb the iceberg. Just go back to the entrance to get your wristband. The waiters may also have them and can add the cost to your tab. I know they used to, but they may have discontinued doing it that way.

Tom is on vacation, so I'll do my best to answer any PB questions.

Thanx Sally.......maybe that's why they're asking right at the entrance. No biggie, it's not like it's that far away when we're ready to purchase the wristbands.....plus we'll have 2 excited teens that would be happy to run over to get them!:)

Archived