Gluten Free: Best to Worst

FuzzHead

I know most mainstream lines do a pretty good job offering gluten free food and will accommodate me. I have only been on Carnival since being diagnosed, and they did a great job.

For those that have been on more than one cruise line gluten free: which line did the best job and who offered the best tasting food ? The lines i'm most interested in are Carnival, Princess, NCL, and Royal Caribbean. Could you rank them from best to worst ?

FWIW: I only eat in the MDR for dinner and usually just choose safe things off the buffet for breakfast and lunch like yogurt, hard boiled eggs, salads, hamburger without bun, etc.

Thank you in advance for any response,

Fuzzhead

I know most mainstream lines do a pretty good job offering gluten free food and will accommodate me. I have only been on Carnival since being diagnosed, and they did a great job.

For those that have been on more than one cruise line gluten free: which line did the best job and who offered the best tasting food ? The lines i'm most interested in are Carnival, Princess, NCL, and Royal Caribbean. Could you rank them from best to worst ?

FWIW: I only eat in the MDR for dinner and usually just choose safe things off the buffet for breakfast and lunch like yogurt, hard boiled eggs, salads, hamburger without bun, etc.

Thank you in advance for any response,

Fuzzhead

Can only comment from personal experience on Princess . My DW who can't eat wheat found Princess very good for Gluten free food onboard. The Buffet had gluten free dessert and tried to indicate was made without gluten . She was also able to get gluten free bread/toast for breakfast as well .

My BIL who is Celiac doesn't have any trouble with the gluten free diet on board HAL. He is asked what he wanted for supper the next day off the menu the day before in the MDR.

• 4 weeks later...

I have sailed a couple of times Gluten Free and I found both Princess and RCCL very accomodating with such. The bread on RCCL is very good. I too will be sailing on Ruby on January 20th and Independence of the Seas January 27th, 2013.

Another vote for RCCL. Last year they'd arrange for GF lunches to be delivered in the Windjammer so we could all eat together without going to the MDR or worrying about cross-contamination. Talk to your head waiter or maitre'd. A great one will accommodate you.

Archived