Ensenada to San Diego

We'd rather book our own flights using FF miles but are reluctant to attempt to arrange for our own transporation from Ensenada to the San Diego airport.

Any tips are appreciated. Thanks very much.

We did this trip a couple of years ago, and you are right, this is one place you need to use Royal Caribbeans transfer from San Diego. We booked our own flights, but used transfers, because it is about a 2 hours or so trip, and we had stop at customs if I remember correctly. You meet Royal Caribbean at the airport and the buses take you to the pier. Have a great cruise

Catch the trolley to Tijuana, walk across the border and the buses to Ensenada leave frequently and are cheap. When you get to Ensenada you are about a mile to the Cruise Port. We hired a donkey cart to get there. It was an adventure and it was cheap. If you arrive by the charter buses, you can sit on those buses at the Cruise port for up to 2 hours. We were eating dinner when they started offloading the passengers to board. I figured this out by web cruising and we were happy we did.

csk is correct..........

Even if you book your own air, you can pay for in advance and use RC transfers. I strongly suggest you do this........we did it in April with Celebrity. Your time at the border will be cut dramatically and they will help you through the border crossing.

Archived