Tour Company Reviews Making Me Nervous

sbhdmh

We are going to be in Limon later this month and I want to arrange a private tour. Reading through these threads is making me nervous though. Is there anyone who has had consistently good reviews? We will have our 8 year old and my 77 year old mother along so I want a safe, comfortable tour we can rely on. Experiencing the rainforest, encountering animals, doing a chocolate tour and maybe another plantation of some sort. This combination doesn't fit easily into a pre-made tour or a ship excursion but I want to be sure the company we book with is there to meet us, gets us back on time and doesn't just turn us over to a random taxi driver who may or may not speak English.

Any advice?

Try this..

• We had a wonderful tour to the Jaguar Rescue Center, lunch at the beach, the Tortuguero Canals and a super market stop. Jorge came with his daughter who was a charming young lady and a very efficient driver for the van. There were eight of us and plenty of room. He was an excellent guide supplying us with local drinks, water and snacks on the trip. The Jaguar Rescue Center is a special place. The people who run it are in love with what they are doing and it shows. Do not miss going there if you are an animal lover. Next lunch at a local beach restaurant. Food was very good and it was nice to see the locals having fun. We then went on a boat ride on the Tortuguero Canals. Got to see lots of birds, caimans, sloths, iguanas, lizards, and monkeys. Last a stop at the local super market to buy coffee and Salza Linzano. Jorge recommended the brand and it was cheaper than on the pier. It was a wonderful day. Jorge is a very good guide, watching out for his passengers and keeping an eye on the time. It was a pleasure to spend the day with him. You felt like he was enjoying himself as well. He goes by Jorge's Tours. His name is Jorge Luis Ramirez Morales. His e mail is jorgel.cr@hotmail,.com.

Dear Jorge

We write this letter to you to thank you so much. You were the reason to make our short stay in Costa Rica to an excellent experience. Because of you, it was possible to get a good impression of your city and it’s surroundings. Further more it was a very nice tour because of your great kindness and your knowledge of the area. We learnt to know you a bit because you told about the n...ature and showed it to us in a very pleasant way. We learnt a bit about you and your family. Tell your daughters that we found you to be a good and considering person, and we wish the best for you and your daughters for who you care very much.

As we promised, I send a few photos to show the view from our windows. Both families are living in the same house and we are able to overlook quite a bit of the fjord which is our nearest neighbour.

• 2 weeks later...

We have done a 9-day land trip to Costa Rica many years ago. From Limon I will suggest taking a Tortugero Canal tour. You will be able to see wild animals (monkeys, sloths) and birds during your boat tour. It's a relatively easy tour that your entire family can participate and enjoy.

There are several private tour companies used by CC members. Simply browse through the posts to find them and then check on their web sites for tour options.

Archived