Local Village - Shocking No one Complains

sail7seas

We were just at Grand Turk for about our fourth visit and this is the first time I recall encountering the loudest speaker system blaring annoying encouragements to visit Local Village while at Grand Turk.

When the ship pulled in very early, some guy at that place started making announcements over and over, incredibly loudly and did not stop for at least an hour. It stopped briefly and then started again. I so wanted to sit on my veranda, enjoy the beautiful morning, sip my coffee and relish my quiet time and this noise polution made it impossible.

If anyone chooses to visit there during their port call at Grand Turk, maybe speak with this guy and ask him how he would like that sort of noise pollution early in the morning.

I have NO DOUBT it cost him business rather than drew people in.

I would not have stepped foot at his property or spent a dime there after that annoyance.

Just think how bad it must be for anyone on a lounge chair at that spot trying to relax too.Yikes.

Yes, it would be impossible.

I don't mean usual loud speak sort of announcements..... I mean REALLY loud and he goes on and on and on for at least an hour. Stops for a bit and starts again.

Archived