Priceline for Fort Lauderdale Hotels?

monu58

I am on my first cruise in Dec. and I wanted to know if anyone used priceline to book their hotel for a pre/post cruise stay in Fort Lauderdale. If you used priceline, please provide your dates of stay, winning bid, and the hotel name and class that you got.

Any recommendations for a nice hotel will be welcomed. Thank You in Advance

I am on my first cruise in Dec. and I wanted to know if anyone used priceline to book their hotel for a pre/post cruise stay in Fort Lauderdale. If you used priceline, please provide your dates of stay, winning bid, and the hotel name and class that you got.

Any recommendations for a nice hotel will be welcomed. Thank You in Advance

Here is a link to biddingfortravel Ft Lauderdale page. You will find the hotel list and a list of winning bids and dates.

http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm161

I got Amerisuites, 2.5* Downtown for $50 12/18/05

try Value Trips . com. We got the Amerisuites with free airport & cruise port shuttle along with a really nice continential breakfast for $69.00. The room was "roomy" & clean. It obviously was not the penthouse @ the Ritz, but we sure enjoyed our night there.

In the morning there usually is a wait for the cruise shuttle, but we took advantage of that time & visited with all the other guests. We had a blast!!

Happy Cruising.

1/6 -1/8 We got the Marriott Marina for 75. per night on Priceline. We had a corner room with a view of both the water and directly across the drawbridge from the ships. We were able to take the water taxi wherever we wanted to go for $5 per day. There was also a Walgreen's close by to pick up a 12 pack of diet pepsi for the room. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Very accommodating staff - except that the bellman didn't arrive at the appointed time to get our bags to make our shuttle appt. I had to haul them all down myself but we made the 11:15 shuttle and were in our cabin by 11:45.

The only inconvenience was that the convention center is near the docks. There just happened to be a cheerleader competition while we were there. Now don't get me wrong, I was a cheerleader in college and both daughters were in jr and sr high - but I had tranquility on my mind in FLL and they had just, splashing and talking over the pool. No big deal - we shared shuttles with them over to the beach and back one afternoon.

Try the 33rd ST Fisheries for dinner. They have an excellent sunset special - 4 course meal plus a special tea and a specialty coffee with your dessert - get the coupon from the water taxi pilot. Get there by 5 and you will get to see the pelicans dine, We went a second night. Yum!

Lots of luck!

[quote name=.

Try the 33rd ST Fisheries for dinner. They have an excellent sunset special - 4 course meal plus a special tea and a specialty coffee with your dessert - get the coupon from the water taxi pilot. Get there by 5 and you will get to see the pelicans dine, We went a second night. Yum!

Lots of luck![/quote]

That sounds like it's the 15th. St. Fisheries...It wasn't pre-cruise but we recently stayed at the Fort Lauderdale Oceanfront Hotel (Formerly a Doubletree)..Got it through Priceline at $50 per night..It turned out to be a very nice hotel and a great buy.

I just bid on 2-1/2* in downtown Ft. Lauderdale for April 22, 2006 and immediately received back a message saying no and that my credit card had not been charged. I did not want to raise my price, change * rating or location. I did not see any place to just quit. Since this is my first try at Priceline could someone tell me the "proper" way of getting out? (my plan is to just retry every couple weeks).

thank you

Debr

I just bid on 2-1/2* in downtown Ft. Lauderdale for April 22, 2006 and immediately received back a message saying no and that my credit card had not been charged. I did not want to raise my price, change * rating or location. I did not see any place to just quit. Since this is my first try at Priceline could someone tell me the "proper" way of getting out? (my plan is to just retry every couple weeks).

thank you

Debr

If you are done bidding, you dont have to do anything. Better luck next time.

If you are done bidding, you dont have to do anything. Better luck next time.

SouthernCaribbean,

Thank you, I was looking for a "magic" quit button! They are very pushy about making a re-bid.

Debr

SouthernCaribbean,

Thank you, I was looking for a "magic" quit button! They are very pushy about making a re-bid.

Debr

No problem, at times after you get rejected they will tell you that you can re-bid for the same zone and star level, if you up your bid by x amount of dollars. I never do it, but its an option for those that need a hotel and cant wait the 72 hours, or have used up all their free rebid zones.

Thank You everyone for all the help. I have tried unsuccessfully as yet in the 4 star hotel rating. I bid $85 in Downtown and the beach area and those bids were rejected. I think I will add in the 3 star rating and hope for the marriott marina. Thanks for the help

Thank You everyone for all the help. I have tried unsuccessfully as yet in the 4 star hotel rating. I bid $85 in Downtown and the beach area and those bids were rejected. I think I will add in the 3 star rating and hope for the marriott marina. Thanks for the help

What are your dates in December?

thank you

Debr

I am not positive, but your dates may still be too far out or range to book yet.

Be patient. I was able to book for April 2005 in September 2004. Got La QUinta, FLL airport zone 2 * for $42. GREAT place, unfortunately, haven't seen anybody else win it lately!

A~:)

Bid in November 04 for a Jan 21, 05 stay. Did my research on these boards, betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com and ended up trying for the Mariott Marina. No luck after many attempts and rebids.

Bid 4* Beach Zone and knew I would receive the Hyatt Pier 66 (www.pier66.com). Successful bids were $95.00 per night. I was successful on my first try and received the Hyatt Pier 66 for $95.00. It was a great time. We received a large, clean room overlooking the pool area. Staff was wonderful. Revolving rooftop lounge was great to watch the sunset and have a drink. Wonderful restaurant onsite for dinner. Convenient location and certainly worth the money ($315.00 was the internet rate for that night).

We will be on the Caribbean Princess 10/15 out of Ft. Lauderdale. I tried Priceline today for 4 rooms @ $75 each pre-cruise 10/14, but was denied. Might I have better luck if I was trying for smaller number of rooms? Or might I possibly have better luck a little closer to October? I thought this wasn't in their "high season" so I expected our $75 to be accepted, especially based on what other cruise critics have reported. And as I understand the rules, I have to wait 72 hours to go back and re-bid, unless willing to change some part of our request, which we're really not wanting to do at this point.

Any comments, suggestions???

We will be on the Caribbean Princess 10/15 out of Ft. Lauderdale. I tried Priceline today for 4 rooms @ $75 each pre-cruise 10/14, but was denied. Might I have better luck if I was trying for smaller number of rooms? Or might I possibly have better luck a little closer to October? I thought this wasn't in their "high season" so I expected our $75 to be accepted, especially based on what other cruise critics have reported. And as I understand the rules, I have to wait 72 hours to go back and re-bid, unless willing to change some part of our request, which we're really not wanting to do at this point.

Any comments, suggestions???

What zone and star level did you bid?

My date of stay of Dec. 9th to Dec. 10th (1 night). Cruise is on the 10th of Dec. Will a pre-cruise have an affect on the prices of hotels. Also, I am bidding for 3 rooms, will that affect it as well. Thank You

My date of stay of Dec. 9th to Dec. 10th (1 night). Cruise is on the 10th of Dec. Will a pre-cruise have an affect on the prices of hotels. Also, I am bidding for 3 rooms, will that affect it as well. Thank You

Are you sailing on Liberty, here is a link to our roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=100005&page=1&pp=40

We already have about 50+ people, feel free to join us.

Archived