Carnival Liberty Wedding Review Dec 1- Dec 8

ashleyunf

I have returned from my wedding/Honeymoon Cruise and am getting back to the real world...which is no fun! But most days I spend daydreaming about our wedding it was fantastic and all you ladies still planning...you are in for the day of your life! Here is my review and a link to my pictures...please feel free to ask any questions you may have!

We (myself and our guests) arrived the night before and stayed at the Hampton Inn in West Doral. The hotel was very nice and clean and allowed us to keep our cars there for the week so no one had to pay for parking at the port. That night we picked up sandwiches for everyone (since everyone was arriving at different times from the airport) and sat around and mingled. It was nice to catch up with everyone and give them and idea of how the day would go.

The next morning (WEDDING DAY) i had a makeup artist and hair dresser show up at 5:30 am. They each set up in my room and by 6 we were underway getting myself, my mom and my sister all dolled up. It took until about 9 am for us all to get through hair and makeup. ADVICE: I did airbrush and my sister did traditional makeup...I would recommend brides to do airbrush...we were taking pictures until 6 PM that night with the photographer and my makeup was still perfect. In Fact I had a hard time getting it off.

We had arranged for a bus to pick us upand transport us to the port. The bus driver was there early and was able to get everyones baggage and people loaded. I loved that he was early, and he really made sure to get everyone loaded and keep us on time. With that being said we even arrived at the port before 10. He took care of getting everyones luggage with a porter since we were early and the proters were still pretty busy with the unloading guests!

I let all of my guests start going through the first checkin stand where they compare guests names with the guest list you sent in. I wanted to make sure there were no issues. While standing there my two wedding coordinators from The Wedding Experience walked up to me and one of them took over and told me to go get checked in. We did have a couple guests wo lived in town so did not stay at the otel with us that were of course running late...she waited for them and got them through no problem.

We quickly made it through the secruity scanners and up to check in for our sail and sign cards. This process ladies was so EASY! no one had any issues and everyone that was sailing was checked in with the sial and sign cards within 20 mins!

Right after we got our cards one of the coordinators pulled my husband and I aside and went over all the details except the ceremony. I had brought CD's for special dances just in case she took them, I introduced her to the guest who was taking care of our favors and decorations for us. Once we got through all those details the other coordinator (who is also the officiant) came over and reveiwed the ceremony with us and gave me a quick run through of where to stand when i come in to the ceremony. At this point all nerves were gone because these ladies were so on top of things.

While we were with one coordinator the other was talking to our guests answering all questions, giving them maps, keeping them very updated and involved. Our guests loved that as most of them had never even been on a cruise before.

We were then taken to a VIP lounge and it was just out party in there. We were only there about 15- 20 mins before a security guard came in said the ship cleared customs and before they announced it they wanted us to board. Literally we were the first guests on board!

All guests were directed to go on deck and eat if they wanted and explore the ship and me, my mom, My sister, and my husband were taken to get ready. My husbands tux was to be in my moms cabin but when he got in there it wasnt there...I started to get a little worried but the coordinator with me siad she would take care of it. she was on two different cell phones getting answers and within 10 mins it was in the cabin and he was getting dressed. Meanwhile my cabin phone rang and since I had paid for the photographer for an hour before the ceremony he was ready to come down and start the getting ready pictures. I sent him to the cabin where my husband was getting ready first so us (the girls) could get organized.

He was there about 15 mins later and the pictures began. My two best girlfriends came down to the room where I was getting ready so I got some great pictures with them.

The phone rang again and it seemed like only mins but it had been an hour and the coordinator was on her way down to get me. That time went by so FAST!!!! ADIVCE: Be as ready as possible, It was so hectic in the room that I forgot to put on my garter. I wish I would have had my undergarments on so really all i had to do was step in my dress.

On the way to the ceremony in the elevator the coordinator gave me a quick run down again. The doors opened and I met my third coordinator (this is the onboard coordinaotr with Carnival) She quickly took my mom and I to the side so no one could see us and did a great job of managing my mother and her now uncontrollable crying! After my mother gathering herself she squeezed my hand and walked my down the aisle. I dont even remember hearing the music play, but i remember her not letting up on the swqueeze of my hand and I remember seeing tears in m,y husbands eyes. The ceremony passed so quickly, but that was ok because sice we were early we got extra time in the reception!!!

Between my mom and the coordinators the pictures after the ceremony went super smooth. They had familes waiting and then one coordinator would quickly excort them to the reception room and have then sign the guest book and get a drink.

We entered the reception and went right into our first dance. We had taken dance lessons so we would not look like high school kids just swaying back and forth. I am so glad we did. While we just slow danced everyone was really impressed. Then my mother danced wit my husband and we did the cake cutting.

THE CAKE!!! The cake was the best cake I have ever tasted. Every guest loved it and I think had seconds...there was hardly any left over to serve at dinner. ADIVCE: Eat some of your cake besides the bite you feed each other...it is so GOOD! One of our guests is getting married in February they called Carnival to see if they could order a cake for their wedding (not on a ship). We will see how that works out.

Then it was party time! We danced and drank and i think everyone but me ate...i barley drank much. The coordinators did a great job of making sure I had a drink But i kept getting pulled to take pictures and would set it down and would never see it again.

ADVICE: I asked the coordiators to give me a 15 min warning before the non-sailling guests were going to have to leave. I wanted to be sure to thank those guests and say goodbye. THis was such a great thing becuase at 3 the photogrpaher was pulling us to go start pictures with him...If i didnt have that 15 mins I would not have been able to say goodbye to those guests

Pictures....we took picutres from 3 until 6 with a 10 min break for the muster station drill. We were heading out to deck to meet with our mustrer group and a carnival staff memeber said we didnt have to go outside and let us sit inside which was nice because it was crazy windy and very hot. After the drill we met our photgrapher back at out room and finished up with our pictures. Now we were both tired of smiling and posing and just taking pictures in general and at one point thought about saying enough...But we didnt and the last pictures we took were at sunset on the deck and were our FAVORITE pictures. So ADVICE here: endure the agony of smiling and posing...you will want as many options as possible!

Also on the subject of pictures...we spent more than we had anticipated but we are glad we did and do not regret our decision at all!!! Our Photographer was amazing!!! Here is a link to some of our pictures

http://ashleyanddamon.shutterfly.com

It took us about 3 hours to lok through all pictures and negotiate on the pice and package. So ADVICE: Go thorugh pictures once and weed out you rdefinite NO's. Then divide your pictures into event and location (i.e. Ceremony, reception, location on the ship where you took picutrs) Then go through thos stakcs and pick out your Yes's ONce you have your Yes's count up where you are at on the package list...then Negotiate!!!! Dont take their first offer...at least we didnt and we ended up getting the coffe table book they make you thrown in one of the packages....

I think that is everything! Please feel free to ask any questions!

Everyone invovled in our wedding, the coordinators, officiant, DJ, PHotographer, EVERYONE really did a great job...way beyond my expectations, so ladies trust these people it will make your day so much easier and stress free...Once the coordinator sat down with me in the port terminal and went over every detail I had sent perviosly to the coordinators I knew I didnt have to worry!

Awesome pictures, you were stunning! Did you make your bouquets or did you upgrade? What about the flowers on the pillars at the ceremony?

First of all thank you!

I made my bouquets and boutennieres. I did not see the boquet they give you prior to my ceremony but I know that they took flowers out of it for remembrance chairs that i Requested. With that said...what was left of it I was not very impressed and was glad I made my boquet.

The flowers on the pillar...honestly I didnt even look at them. I did not make them the ones in the pictures are what they provide.

Just remember any real flowers cannot be taken off the ship. I wanted to keep my boquet and husband boutennier so we went with the real touch flowers.

Hope that helps!

• 9 months later...

Thanks for your review, I already feel some relief! We are getting married on the Liberty in April of next year. I have so many questions!! Where did your cermony take place? I wanted the tapestry room but I like the room you where in as well. Also would you recommend upgrading the flower arrangments?

Thanks for your review, I already feel some relief! We are getting married on the Liberty in April of next year. I have so many questions!! Where did your cermony take place? I wanted the tapestry room but I like the room you where in as well. Also would you recommend upgrading the flower arrangments?

I can tell you that you will have a great and beautfiul wedding, they really did a great job - I honestly cannot say enough great things about Carnival and their wedding team!!!!

The room I got married in was the Victoria Lounge. I really liked this room for two reasons one the set up and "altar" area was the best for phtographs, and two was that it was closest to my reception room and I had a couple guests that were handicapp and didnt want them having to change floors and get around people aready on board the ship.

The tapestry roomwas nice but when I looked at it i realized there would be all kinds of covered music equipment in all of my pictures of us at the ceremony and the ceiling was really low in the room and it felt kind of wired. I did a tour and really recommend it so you can see what room really fits your needs. But I cant stress enough picture yourself that day and take a camera and take pictures of the room so when you get home you can really look at the pictures and you can take time to see the backgrounds that will be in all your photos. There is no time to photoshop your picutres so you want to give yourself the best backgrounds to begin with!

I can not really speak to the flowers as I made my own. But I can tell you that if you are going to use the ones provided then i would upgrade, as I wasnt terribly impressed with what they gave me!

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask I will do my best to answer in a timely fashion!!!

Ashley, Thank you for sharing! I am hoping to get married on the Liberty next year in October :) May I ask, which room did you use for the reception? Was it the Hot and Cold Lounge, the one with the tattooed feet and hands? Did that cause you to have to pass on any reception pictures? I think I'd like to have a DJ for dance music for the reception. :)

I am hoping to book the cruise this week. I am so excited! :) Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures, and I hope married life is treating you well!

And couchigian, I hope you'll share a review after your special day too!

My reception was in the hot and cold lounge. Thankfully the hand and feet structures are no longer tattooed the are now a solid pewter olor so they did not effect the pictures or background. Actually in most of the pictures they just look like grey pillars.

I had the DJ as well which is just one of the social coordinators on board the ship who play music. They do a good job - nothing extraordinary but they play whatever type of music you request on the form for them and they dont stop playing music. Iwent with that option because i didnt want the stress of having to make a ipod playlist and it possibly not work, or any other issues, so for me it was worht the $150.

The cake we went with the vanilla cake and buttercream filling. My mouth still waters when i think about the cake...it was DELICIOUS!!!!! I cant speak to the other fillings or chocolate layers but I have to imagine that it would be jsut as good!!! I also used their cake topper which was simple and pretty.

Keep the questions coming ladies! I love thinking and re-living my wedding day!!! I can only hope your days are as wonderful and as memorable as mine was. I am here to help and put your mind at ease!!!

My reception was in the hot and cold lounge. Thankfully the hand and feet structures are no longer tattooed the are now a solid pewter olor so they did not effect the pictures or background. Actually in most of the pictures they just look like grey pillars.

I had the DJ as well which is just one of the social coordinators on board the ship who play music. They do a good job - nothing extraordinary but they play whatever type of music you request on the form for them and they dont stop playing music. Iwent with that option because i didnt want the stress of having to make a ipod playlist and it possibly not work, or any other issues, so for me it was worht the $150.

The cake we went with the vanilla cake and buttercream filling. My mouth still waters when i think about the cake...it was DELICIOUS!!!!! I cant speak to the other fillings or chocolate layers but I have to imagine that it would be jsut as good!!! I also used their cake topper which was simple and pretty.

Keep the questions coming ladies! I love thinking and re-living my wedding day!!! I can only hope your days are as wonderful and as memorable as mine was. I am here to help and put your mind at ease!!!

How far in advance did you book your wedding package?

Archived