Luggage question

magandab

Has anyone used Traveler's Choice luggage and would care to share an opinion? Specifically, I'm looking at the Tasmania model.

I had bought a Ricardo of Beverly Hills set, which I liked very much, but the angle on the large piece didn't work right and would extend one stop and no further, and then wouldn't retract!

Has anyone used Traveler's Choice luggage and would care to share an opinion? Specifically, I'm looking at the Tasmania model.

I had bought a Ricardo of Beverly Hills set, which I liked very much, but the angle on the large piece didn't work right and would extend one stop and no further, and then wouldn't retract!

your bags always get the crap beat out of them

your bags always get the crap beat out of them

True, but this was a problem with this bag, not from rough handling. When I pushed the button on the handle (not angle, darned auto correct!) the pins didn't retract to allow the handle to go up and down. The only way I could retract the handle was to unpack that half of the suitcase, unzip the lining, and push the pin in by hand! I was scared to death someone along the way would pull the handle up in an airport somewhere. Thank goodness it was the larger spinner, so I could just roll it along next to me.

The suitcase itself held up very well, with just a few minor scuffs.

I actually have a few Ricardo pieces and they have held up very well. SOrry the bag did not work. My husbands bag is 7 years old and while it has some wear on it works great. I got a few pieces for myself last year and also got him a complimentary piece.

I actually have a few Ricardo pieces and they have held up very well. SOrry the bag did not work. My husbands bag is 7 years old and while it has some wear on it works great. I got a few pieces for myself last year and also got him a complimentary piece.

I would have happily replaced the set with the same set, but this was Costco and they no longer had them. I figured it was just one glitchy piece as I've heard good things about the brand.

• 3 weeks later...

We have a set that we've used.... a lot.... for about 10 years. They were low end, cheap, on sale - $50-$60 for a set of 3 bags.

One of the retractable handles broke about 2 years in, and they sent us a new bag no questions asked - didn't even ask us to return the broken one.

We haven't had any other issues.

I just retired the largest piece (retired to the trash can), but the carry-on and medium size bags are still in great shape. The only issue with the large bag was that the stiff plastic piece that lines the front on the inside came apart (I have no idea why or how) and was sorta crunched up.

I would have no hesitation in buying another set from them.

Archived