Consider Hollywood instead of Ft. Lauderdale

miss hlywd

Just wanted to tell everyone flying into Ft. Lauderdale and/or sailing out of Port Evergaldes that they may want to consider spending your pre/post nights in Hollywood or Dania. Both cities are just a few miles away from both the airport and port. In fact, part of the airport and port are technically within the City of Hollywood: the airport is the Ft. Lauderdale/HOLLYWOOD International Airport and 80% of the port is in the city.

There are many clean, reasonably priced places to stay that offer shuttles as well as complimentary breakfast: the Marriott Springhill Suites, La Quinta, the Sleep Inn, the Days Inn (charges for shuttle to port), the Marriott Courtyard (no free breakfast), the Holiday Inn (charges for shuttle to port and breakfast), etc.

There are also many small hotels along Hollywood Beach that don't usually offer shuttles, but prices are so reasonable that it may be worth paying for the taxis. Many of the hotels along Hollywood Beach also offer full suites. The beach itself is fantastic, with a two mile broadwalk lined w/restaurants and shops. The beach also has a bandshell where there is live music three or four nighst a week. Very family friendly. For a full listing of Hollywood hotels, including links to individual properties web sites, visit http://www.visithollywood.org and for reviews of Hollywood hotels, visit http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g34296-Hollywood_Florida-Hotels.html

I concur, Hollywood Beach is one of the best kept secrets in SoFla. The majority of the hotels are directly on the beach, watching the sun rise is the morning is spectacular from HB.

I concur, Hollywood Beach is one of the best kept secrets in SoFla. The majority of the hotels are directly on the beach, watching the sun rise is the morning is spectacular from HB.

I totally agree that Hollywood Beach is one of the best kept secrets in South Florida. Thankfully, everyone is racing by Hollywood trying to get to Miami or Ft.Lauderdale.

Miss hlywd, is Hollywood between Miami and Fort Lauderdale? We are flying into MIA at 10:00pm before our cruise from Port Everglades. would this be a better (safer) choice for a hotel than Miami? Do any of these hotels have shuttle service to Miami airport do you know?

In April, I stayed at La Quinta Hollywood. Very nice accomodations. Was wondering if perhaps Priceline moved them from "airport zone" to "Hollywood zone".

Free shuttle available for Fort LAuderdale sailings, but not Miami.

I think it would be back-tracking for you to go from Miami airport up to Hollywood for the night, then back to Port of Miami in the morning. There has to be something in the Miami area that would fit your needs.

Just my opinion ;)

Good Luck

A~:)

Check out Hollywood Beach. Its a great area. I know because I live there. Entertainment for the young and the old. Very good restuarants right on the boardwalk, facing the ocean.

Dancing under the stars. Lots of latin beats. Its fun.

Check out Hollywood Beach. Its a great area. I know because I live there. Entertainment for the young and the old. Very good restuarants right on the boardwalk, facing the ocean.

Dancing under the stars. Lots of latin beats. Its fun.

I'll be on the Coral Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale in April and am interested in what hotels you would recommend in the Hollywood Beach area. We don't need a 4* place, just something that is clean and convenient to the port. (cont. breakfast & shuttle from airport and port would be nice)

thanks,

Debr

I'll be on the Coral Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale in April and am interested in what hotels you would recommend in the Hollywood Beach area. We don't need a 4* place, just something that is clean and convenient to the port. (cont. breakfast & shuttle from airport and port would be nice)

thanks,

Debr

Seadowns http://www.seadowns.com/ . Clean, safe, directly on the ocean, family owned and managed. 12 minutes to the port. Sorry, no shuttle or continental breakfast. Taxi should be around $8. ;)

Miss hlywd, is Hollywood between Miami and Fort Lauderdale? We are flying into MIA at 10:00pm before our cruise from Port Everglades. would this be a better (safer) choice for a hotel than Miami? Do any of these hotels have shuttle service to Miami airport do you know?

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, haven't checked the boards in a few days.

Yes, Hollywood is between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. And yes, some of the hotels (La Quinta, Sleep Inn) offer shuttles to the port. Not many on the beach offer shuttles, but as someone else has mentioned, taxi should only cost about $10 - $15 depending on which hotel and which pier your ship is docked at.

Archived