Cruising 6 months away... ALL over the water cabanas are gone!!!

Yurita

I was sooooo excited to get an over the water cabana for my upcoming cruise. I read all reviews and actually documented myself regarding cabana locations, types of cabana, etc.

We decided to go ahead and book an over the water cabana at Nellie's beach, but they are ALL GONE; even Hillside are all gone as well. I'm sailing May 2013 and they are gone... OMG!

The only thing available is Beach cabanas, which I'm not too interested in. I wanted to be right above the water!!! what are your recomendations? keep checking daily and see if something opens?

All Barefoot cabanas are available. Could we make a request to reserve one even if we are not in a suite?

Why don't you go ahead and book a beach cabana, and hope for a change if one becomes available? I would, as all the beach cabanas are pretty nice, and are close to the water. You will receive nice service, the upscale lunch, and a comfy cabana.

In the meantime, I would check every day for availability, both online and by phone, especially the day that final payment is due. I guess it wouldn't hurt to email the concierge and request placement on a waitlist for unbooked cabanas.

For our last cruise, I checked for Nellie's OTW cabana availability every single day, at least three times a day. When they were finally made available, I believe we were the first to book; they were gone within a day or two, plus, the price went up!

We loved the cabana; it made a great beach day special!! Good luck, and keep checking.

Teddie

Why don't you go ahead and book a beach cabana, and hope for a change if one becomes available? I would, as all the beach cabanas are pretty nice, and are close to the water. You will receive nice service, the upscale lunch, and a comfy cabana.

In the meantime, I would check every day for availability, both online and by phone, especially the day that final payment is due. I guess it wouldn't hurt to email the concierge and request placement on a waitlist for unbooked cabanas.

For our last cruise, I checked for Nellie's OTW cabana availability every single day, at least three times a day. When they were finally made available, I believe we were the first to book; they were gone within a day or two, plus, the price went up!

We loved the cabana; it made a great beach day special!! Good luck, and keep checking.

Teddie

Hello

Can anyone confirm how to book a cabana? We are in a GS in March on FOS.

Thanks!!!!

Hello

Can anyone confirm how to book a cabana? We are in a GS in March on FOS.

Thanks!!!!

I called RCI directly to book the cabana at nellies. We were not in a suite.

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was sooooo excited to get an over the water cabana for my upcoming cruise. I read all reviews and actually documented myself regarding cabana locations, types of cabana, etc.

We decided to go ahead and book an over the water cabana at Nellie's beach, but they are ALL GONE; even Hillside are all gone as well. I'm sailing May 2013 and they are gone... OMG!

The only thing available is Beach cabanas, which I'm not too interested in. I wanted to be right above the water!!! what are your recomendations? keep checking daily and see if something opens?

All Barefoot cabanas are available. Could we make a request to reserve one even if we are not in a suite?

You have to be in a suite to get one at Barefoot.

My recommendation is book a beach one and then call periodically to see about switching. If no luck before cruise, check several times while on board. This far out you may have a chance.

We booked our OTW Nellie's at the same time we booked the cruise, about 9 months out.

Thank you for your answers.

I did call RCCL yesterday and the agent confirmed ALL over the water cabanas are totally booked. Only thing available is Beach cabanas, which I would not like to book because of the location. Some of them are behind beach chairs, etc. The agent said keep checking, some people might cancel and we might get lucky enough to book an over the water or Hillside.

Once again, thank you!

Archived