First time with kids.

kaseykahnefan

Hey all. Ive been on five (almost six) cruises. All on Carnival. I am not a Carnival basher. In fact I have always had a great time. But we are taking my nephew and niece on a Disney Cruise in 2014. First time on Disney Cruise for all of us. Its me, my sister, her husband and their two kids, and our parents. The kids will be almost 2. She will be like 3 weeks from turning 2. And the nephew will have just turned 7. We are super excited. Everyone else has been on cruises before except my sister and the kids. I think Ive been on the most. So I may some questions about cruising with the kiddos. We are so excited. Did I mentioned that haha.

Hey all. Ive been on five (almost six) cruises. All on Carnival. I am not a Carnival basher. In fact I have always had a great time. But we are taking my nephew and niece on a Disney Cruise in 2014. First time on Disney Cruise for all of us. Its me, my sister, her husband and their two kids, and our parents. The kids will be almost 2. She will be like 3 weeks from turning 2. And the nephew will have just turned 7. We are super excited. Everyone else has been on cruises before except my sister and the kids. I think Ive been on the most. So I may some questions about cruising with the kiddos. We are so excited. Did I mentioned that haha.

Sounds like you're going to have a great trip! The only thing I will suggest is to respect the kids' need for rest. Travelling can be very exciting and exhausting for kids, and tired kids wont be having fun...or be fun to be around. That will probably be the biggest difference between your past cruises and this one. But it will be fun :)

Sounds like you're going to have a great trip! The only thing I will suggest is to respect the kids' need for rest. Travelling can be very exciting and exhausting for kids' date=' and tired kids wont be having fun...or be fun to be around. That will probably be the biggest difference between your past cruises and this one. But it will be fun :)[/quote']

Thanks!! We are figuring there are two of them and five of us so we can take turns with them :). That's the plan anyway. Haha :)

I'm a carnival fan, but we're just back from our first with Disney and first with dd (14 months). The staff was GREAT (was more friendly than carnival. But it may have been because we had a kid or because Disney is just great.)

Did we have fun? Well, we booked another one for next year!

Yes, respect the need to sleep/rest and for down time. We made sure we had time just chillin in the room or somewhere (the ship was full, but not crowded like Carnival.)

She passed out each night. I finally started giving her a bath before dinner, as there was no way she was awake for bath before bed. The first night she passed in her clothes...she passed out for one nap wearing her birthday suit! (I did put a towel under her, but she doesn't pee till she wakes, so once she woke I put a diaper on her, then changed her again. lol.)

I'm a carnival fan, but we're just back from our first with Disney and first with dd (14 months). The staff was GREAT (was more friendly than carnival. But it may have been because we had a kid or because Disney is just great.)

Did we have fun? Well, we booked another one for next year!

Yes, respect the need to sleep/rest and for down time. We made sure we had time just chillin in the room or somewhere (the ship was full, but not crowded like Carnival.)

She passed out each night. I finally started giving her a bath before dinner, as there was no way she was awake for bath before bed. The first night she passed in her clothes...she passed out for one nap wearing her birthday suit! (I did put a towel under her, but she doesn't pee till she wakes, so once she woke I put a diaper on her, then changed her again. lol.)

That's funny!!! Me and my sister were talking about the cruise tonight. We are both so excited. She said it seems forever away. I said it will be here before you know it haha.

what size is the bathtub in the standard inside cabin, do you know? Thanks!!!

Archived