Lower deck OK for quiet sleep and avoiding sea sickness?

newhorizon

Hi!

I'm looking to book my first cruise. Is it better to get a room on a lower deck if you are both: 1. Very sensitive to alot of noise, and 2. prone to sea sickness? I was thinking of booking a room on Deck 2 of the RC Grandeur of Sea.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
NewHorizon

newhorizon

i was on the carnival spirit main deck ( above the lobby ) and had an inside cabin in the back of the ship. i slept like a dream. it was nice and dark and very quiet. i got seasick the first day at sea while i was at the front of the ship at the entertainment show and went back to my cabin. i could not feel any movement at all and it really helped me get past the 'couple of hours of feeling upset to my stomach'. i will always get a cabin from now in the back of the ship on one of the lower levels. i was not close to the elevators so i dont know how that location is. i hope this helps. have a great cruise.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05
Alaska glacier bay again

Check to insure that there are cabins above you (less noise). Inside ones are dark at night and during day if you waken easily with light. Middle of ship has less movement (less chance of beening sea sick). Mid ship gives easy access to elevators. Look at plan of ship you are thinking of. Check for where the enterainment is, then ensure you are not just below a food area or dance venue.

MS Maasdam 6 - 17 Feb 05

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;02;5;07;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] Until I sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03
Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03
Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

Check the deck plans and make sure no public rooms are above or below you. (for noise) although I never experienced that myself being ontop of a lounge on the Victory,

the higher you are on the ship the more motion you rwill feel when sailing if you are prone to sea sickness. Get yourself a pair of sea bands...bracelets that use accuprresure points to help relieve the feeling.

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

On our first cruise the TA recommended a cabin on deck 2 close to mid-ship. My husband gets sea sick on small vessels and didn't want to risk being sick on vacation so we tried it. No problems with noise or to much movement but there were cabins above us. We had a bad storm one night but it didn't bother us. The next evening at dinner several of our table mates who had upper cabins complained of getting sick during the night.

Prepartions for breakfast begins around two or so. Breads, danish ect, need to be cooked and cooled early.

MS Maasdam 6 - 17 Feb 05

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;02;5;07;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] Until I sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03
Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03
Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

Our friends took a cabin in the area you describe because of their "sensitivity" to the high seas, and they were fine.

For us, we travel in an aft cabin, watching the wake of the ship as we sit on our balcony.

A good day is always on the high seas.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

Archived