Family Gift of Disney Cruise

conandrob240

I need ideas for a fun way to present a surprise Disney cruise/ trip to my extended family of 9. I wanted to include the sound of the Dream horn playing "When you wish upon a star". I'd need tomrecordnthensound and then have it in something they open. Ideas? Other suggestions welcome. When I gifted a Disney trip 4 yrs ago, I inflated a helium balloon, stuck it in a box and tied a little rolled up parchment invitation. I loved the way that turned out maybe I'll do it again but wanted to domthenhorn somehow. What could I buy that would allow me to record the sound of the horn?

Can the call be customized? I've only seen the enchanted calls which are very basic- goodnight, happy birthday, etc.

I was hoping for it to be a little more challenging/ exciting. They'll have to figure out the sound of the horn first, then unwrap something, etc.if it culminated in a Mickey call, I think that would be great.

I'm giving my family a Disney Cruise, too! Because it is a "big gift", I wanted to do something special besides just opening a box. So I've planned a scavenger hunt for them! Lots of easier clues like...

Clue xx This gift will be grand, but will take the job of a sleuth

So get thinking, get cracking, don’t be a goof!

The first clue, you'll find, isn’t too hard if you look....

It's been placed in the spot in the kitchen where we cook! (oven)

Clue xxX The Wise Men, the parents, the cows, the sheep, all gather together to watch the babe sleep. (Nativity Set)

Clue XXX In this game it is important to be “wry”.....look for the next clue where we put the clothes so that they can dry! (clothes dryer)

Clue xxx Your next clue I've been told

Is where you keep things VERY cold. (clue in fridge)

Clue XXX The next clue will tell you exactly where to go…

Look in the pants that you wear in the snow (in pocket of snowpants)

Clue XXX Well you’ve found this clue....but now it is time to use your brain and not your looks

Check out the place where Emmy keeps all of her books (bookcase)

Clue XXX The next clue will force you to think...

Just where is it that Mommy and Daddy make their morning drink?

(Coffee Machine)

Clue xxx I stand tall and green, lights softly glow. A winged angel sits on top, the presents piled below. (Christmas tree)

It's all pirate themed and at the end they'll find a treasure chest (a cheap one I got at a local craft store and finished) filled with gilt coins and a cheap pirate nautical scope, and on a sparkly piece of glitter pape, they'll find "'Twas the day of Christmas, you've searched all through the house....Just to find your special present.....A cruise with a mouse!"

There are so many things you can do- so much fun! Can't wait to hear how it goes!! :p

Oops- just saw your reply that it isn't happening at your house. So maybe a scavenger hunt wouldn't work. :( But possibly still a treasure chest and inside you could put one of those boats that you put together from wood- they're little puzzles from the craft store in the pine car derby aisle- and when they open the chest, you could have a little tape recorder with a note that says "play me". Then play the song in the background as you record your message to your family. I don't know.. again, so many options!

Archived